PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

nighteyes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nighteyes Send a message via MSN to nighteyes Send a message via Yahoo to nighteyes
Fun fun with reception

So..i received my touch pro last week and immediately tossed mightyrom onto it. Life is all good until wed night/today (thursday). Up until now I had always received good reception where I live. That is, my data connection was always working decently to where i can use the internet in my bed etc. my mobile speedtest down below is proof of that. now I barely register a data connection and have like 2 bars average. cant even utilize the web anymore inside the house.

Here I'm thinking maybe the radio is flaking out on me. I was using telus 1.04 radio. So i put back on stock sprint 1.03 radio and stock rom just to rule out rom/radio issue. nope. so i go to sprint store about 2 miles up the road where of course full reception/perfect data connection. they have no clue and have me call tech supp to check the service in the area, where again there are no notable issues.

Is it possible my radio really is flaking out? works fine everywhere BUT on my street. I've lived here around 6 months and had never had an issue with my mogul, or even my touch pro which i was using for about a week before this started.

Any clues/insite?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Fun fun with reception

just you street or your neihborhood?
Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skism is a n00b

I had a similar issue like this one in my area. I kept calling tech support and going to the Sprint store. Only interesting difference is I had two phones with the same exact issue. After a week of going back and forth with Sprint someone knowledgeable finally told me that there was a tower down in my area. What happens is the reception is down when your not on the phone and the minute I call someone or text it'll jump a bar or two. This is because the phone is rerouted to another tower for that moment. It really really kills battery, but there isn't much to do but wait it out; If this is the same issue I had. You should call and specifically ask if there is a tower down in your area.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Threadstarter

nighteyes is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nighteyes Send a message via MSN to nighteyes Send a message via Yahoo to nighteyes

it seems that it is my neighborhood. as soon as I drive around a quarter mile or so down the main road it improves significantly to where everything works fine. I will try waiting this out a few days and see if it improves.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro