PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Two headed ? (DTMF and Icons)

Ok i searched on one but not the other.

? #1
Is there a proggy somewhere that allows you to store DTMF tones?
My Samsung i500 Palm phone let you store key strokes for using phone based systems like automated credit card and bank lines. Was great for times i couldnt look at my contacts to enter in my numbers, in the case of my bank, its so time consuming without headphones to tell where i am in the menus (as i obviously DONT want to use speakerphone...).

? #2
I was having issues with the Cool Icons cab (tsowen toolbar) and reverted back to stock. However, i would like some color, so, which files should i alter? Im quite adept with Photochop and other proggies, and will dig till i find the files, just not quite sure where to start looking.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Two headed ? (DTMF and Icons)

Not sure on #1, but as for #2, the first page in the custom taskbar thread outlines all the .dll's that have to be adjusted to add your own custom icons. You'd have to extract all those .dll's, follow the instructions to unsign them, open them up, alter the images, re-sign them, and then transfer the dll's back to your phone. I think they mentioned that doing a taskbar involves editing over 100 images. If you're looking to just add some color to the stock taskbar, I remember seeing 1 post in there where someone had done just that (I know....needle in a haystack.) I've got a few minutes so I'll take a quick scan through and see if I can dig up a link. That should get you started though.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Not sure on #1, but as for #2, the first page in the custom taskbar thread outlines all the .dll's that have to be adjusted to add your own custom icons. You'd have to extract all those .dll's, follow the instructions to unsign them, open them up, alter the images, re-sign them, and then transfer the dll's back to your phone. I think they mentioned that doing a taskbar involves editing over 100 images. If you're looking to just add some color to the stock taskbar, I remember seeing 1 post in there where someone had done just that (I know....needle in a haystack.) I've got a few minutes so I'll take a quick scan through and see if I can dig up a link. That should get you started though.
Yea really, more like, a grain of sand on Daytona Beach...
Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

lol...Wouldn't you know, I started at the wrong end....nonetheless here it is. If this isn't what you are wanting or it doesn't work, at least maybe you can pm that guy and ask for some tips in adding color yourself. Enjoy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
lol...Wouldn't you know, I started at the wrong end....nonetheless here it is. If this isn't what you are wanting or it doesn't work, at least maybe you can pm that guy and ask for some tips in adding color yourself. Enjoy.
Nastiness dude! So, i just C&P them over to the Windows folder and im done?

Also, the battery icon he has.... wheres mine?
From left to right i have: Wifi/network, signal str, sound/volume, clock, task/quickbar.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Bumpo?
Old 04-09-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

Sorry...I missed your reply. I don't think it's as simple as copying the images to your windows directory. You'll have to import the images to the appropriate dll's. That's where it gets to be a PITA.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro