PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

I_Anthony_I is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newb Here Need Some Help

Just traded my instinct today for the HTC TP and like many others mic volume is very poor. I read through the form and dled the audiopara file. My question is how to put the phone in the windows folder. When I connected TP to PC and looked through the files I did not see the windows folder. Please Help.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

remoc8116 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Newb Here Need Some Help

What OS are you running on your CPU????If it's vista do a google search and download the vista Sync program
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i'm not sure what exactly you're looking for. are you trying to find audiopara in your windows folder or are you trying to sync your tp to your pc? if trying to sync, this is done using windows media device center/vista or activesync /xp.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

lordhelmet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Anthony_I View Post
Just traded my instinct today for the HTC TP and like many others mic volume is very poor. I read through the form and dled the audiopara file. My question is how to put the phone in the windows folder. When I connected TP to PC and looked through the files I did not see the windows folder. Please Help.
If I understand you correctly you're trying to drop a file into the Windows folder. Download Resco Explorer or Total Commander for your phone and those will let you go into your Windows folder.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post
If I understand you correctly you're trying to drop a file into the Windows folder. Download Resco Explorer or Total Commander for your phone and those will let you go into your Windows folder.
Why do you need those programs when you can explore the device folders from the AS window or Windows Explorer?

I have the same question, WHERE do you put the file? Not HOW do you get it there...
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I haven't messed with the audiopara file but you may need Resco or Total commander to overwrite the file in the Windows folder if that's where it goes. The stock file explorer won't allow you to overwrite it.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Why do you need those programs when you can explore the device folders from the AS window or Windows Explorer?

I have the same question, WHERE do you put the file? Not HOW do you get it there...
If you are talking about the Audiopara program is it a cab or zip file?
1)With the window open to explore your device in either Mobile Device Center for Vista or Activesync for XP.
2)Open the windows explorer on your computer.
3)Locate what folder the file is in.
4)You can just click and drag it over to either the program folder on your device or to the root or a folder on your sd card.
5) Then if it is a cab file just click on it and follow the on screen instructions.
6)If it is a zip file you will need to open it with winzip program.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Anthony_I View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post
The Windows folder is located at the top level of your file system. If your not sure where the file you're your in is in relation to the others, the easiest way to get to the Windows folder while using the phone's file explorer is to hit the "Up" on the left softkey until you can't go up any further. From there scroll down and the Windows folder will be right there.

To use the audiopara file, you will need to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander like lordhelmet said. The phone's default file explorer will not let you overwrite the phone's default audiopara file.

Here's a link to the Resco file explorer-

http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/

It's not free, but there is a 7 day trail period.

I've also attached a cab file of Total Commander.

Hope this helps ya out, and if it did, don't forget to click the green "Thanks" button in the lower right corner

-Keir-
Attached Files
File Type: cab cecmd.arm.cab (455.1 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

I_Anthony_I is a n00b

What im saying is when I snyc my TP to pc and go to mycomputer/htc touch pro/ I dont see a "windows" folder. I have other folders ie.. application data, connmgr, documents and settings..ect, but no windows folder. Im running windows vista 64. When i use total commander result is the same, no windows folder. How do I view the windows folder so I can edit and add files?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

YOu need to undhide system files on your PC.. in your mycomputer window go to tools, Folder Options, view and check the box to show hidden files then uncheck the box to hide protected operating files.
Now re connect your phone and you'll see the windows folder.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro