PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dzags is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering Issues

So a while ago I tried tethering and it worked perfect. Unfortunately now when I attempt to do it its not working at all. Am I missing a step? I thought all I need to do is hookup via usb and go to internet sharing. I'm using MightyRom 4.16. When I go to internet sharing should I set it as Data or phone as modem? And it seems to not take the USB connection. I know I'm doing something wrong, and I've tried searching but to no avail... any help?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Tethering Issues

Be sure you've connected via activesync or windowsmobiledevicecenter first... then do the internet sharing.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

try connecting it first before u connect the usb it works for me like that hope it works

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 04-07-2009, 06:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I tried connecting internet sharing before plugging in the USB and it still says check USB cable connection.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzags View Post
So a while ago I tried tethering and it worked perfect. Unfortunately now when I attempt to do it its not working at all. Am I missing a step? I thought all I need to do is hookup via usb and go to internet sharing. I'm using MightyRom 4.16. When I go to internet sharing should I set it as Data or phone as modem? And it seems to not take the USB connection. I know I'm doing something wrong, and I've tried searching but to no avail... any help?
I'm in a similiar boat.
People will either tell you to make sure you got active sync or wmdc going, or they will say, make sure you got the internet fix cab going on. And some might say, make sure you got IE running on your phone first.

I have both and have tried the IE, but the internet sharing prog has "connect" greyed out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Mine lets me connect but it seems the problem is the usb connection. I've tried two different USB cords and neither works, it still says "Check USB connection". Anyone know the problem?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm using the Alltel stock ROM and I use internet sharing all the time.
First conncet the USB cable. Active Sync[XP] or Windows Mobile Device Center [Vista] will try to connect. You have to immediately stop that connection. Then start the internet sharing.
You can't have syncing and internet sharing going at the same time, they conflict.
If you still have trouble, you may have a bad cable.

Last edited by mastergadgets; 04-07-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i have the same problem looked around no answer. running mighty 4.16. Best rom ever btw. Tried tethering hack manually, three different kinds of cabs, no luck connect button greyed out. tried different rom juggalos i believe with one of the cabs first worked then manually also worked. Any fix for this? have touch pro running mighty 4.16, radio 1.11 on sprint.

edit: only difference i could see was the dll file that we are supposed to delete(extension)is not the same on the might rom it shows oemagw.dll...cant remember the name of the file that the hack mentions.

Last edited by vzihome; 04-07-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
i have the same problem looked around no answer. running mighty 4.16. Best rom ever btw. Tried tethering hack manually, three different kinds of cabs, no luck connect button greyed out. tried different rom juggalos i believe with one of the cabs first worked then manually also worked. Any fix for this? have touch pro running mighty 4.16, radio 1.11 on sprint.

edit: only difference i could see was the dll file that we are supposed to delete(extension)is not the same on the might rom it shows oemagw.dll...cant remember the name of the file that the hack mentions.
Well this makes me happy. That means Im not the only one with a greyed out connect on the internet sharing program that's on mighty rom. I wonder if it's the ROM or what. But others are somehow making it work. If you find out, let me know please.
I really don't want to use PDAnet or the wifi router prog.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

You guys try a different computer for the heck of it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro