PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro
Flashing a new ROM

I have chosen to flash a new ROM. I have already unlocked the phone.. I don't have a clear understanding on how to flash it to my phone. Is there a thread that has specific instructions on how to do this. I know how to install normal cabs and obviously know how to unlock it. But I cant seem to have my phone pick up the new ROM. I have tried to save it on the desktop. And in my phone as well. WHat do I do . Please help....
Old 04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Flashing a new ROM

Flashing is pretty easy. If you unlocked the phone then you know how to flash your device. Just use the RUU exe on your PC and connect your phone via activesync. Everything is pretty much automated after that.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to phillyboi6829

its almost the same as unlocking. get a clean RUU zip. Unzip it then get you ROM you want. copy the RUU_Signed.nbh( bigest file in the ROM folder). paste it in the newly unzipped RUU and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
Old 04-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Laying low in smoke

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
I have chosen to flash a new ROM. I have already unlocked the phone.. I don't have a clear understanding on how to flash it to my phone. Is there a thread that has specific instructions on how to do this. I know how to install normal cabs and obviously know how to unlock it. But I cant seem to have my phone pick up the new ROM. I have tried to save it on the desktop. And in my phone as well. WHat do I do . Please help....

Start here!!! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

Most of the Chefs that are cooking the roms are good about adding the RUU into them already!!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff

maybe i am downloading the wrong mighty might. I save it to my desktop correct?
Before that I know how to download RUU zip. is that to go on the desktop aswell. I have saved it and unzipped to my phone also.. WHat extactly is RUU_signed.nbh is that utility file?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work

im not shure what type of file but i noe its the biggest one in the folder
Old 04-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I think i am using the wrong link for mighty might. what is the correct link for the latest version. its not allowing me to save it to the desktop
Old 04-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I flashed MightMike as well

http://www.lilrico.com/Mighty/ROMs/M...16_032509R.rar

I used this link/download to get the ROM

Extract using winrar into a folder, and you'll see a RUU executable file, just run that and a window will pop up with instructions. MightyMike made things really easy, so don't worry about what the other folk have mentioned about moving RUU_Signed.nbh, etc. Just run the RUU and follow the instructions.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

http://www.lilrico.com/Mighty/ROMs/M...16_032509R.rar

ughh.......always late
Old 04-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboi6829 View Post
hahah sorry phillyboi, also the exe is called Custom_RUU.exe, the RUU_Signed is the image of the ROM and not executable, the exe is intended to use that image and enable the computer to flash it to your phone, sorry if that confused you. For mightymikes ROM it should be all in the same folder.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 04-03-2009 at 12:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro