PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Built in messaging client

I'm currently using the built in messaging client for AIM only. The only gripe I have with it is, it doesn't always notify me that I have a message. Anyone else use the client and experience some of these issues:

1) If I have a conversation is open and I hit the power button to turn the screen off, I won't get a notification/sound to notify me

2) If I let the screen go off by itself and I still have the conversation open, sometimes it will notify me by sound and wake the screen up

3) Sometimes I'll get just the sound notification when I have the convo open.

It seems completely random when it will and won't notify me. Anyone know if there is an updated version of the client available? I'm happy with the functionality of the client, just not how I'm notified. Anyone else seeing something similar?

EDIT: Just the other night I had my phone on the today screen with TF3D on. I didn't get pop up window or sound to let me know that someone im'ed me. I hate having to constantly checking my phone to see if someone im'ed me =/
Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Built in messaging client

Yea the built in client is super buggy, anytime I'm in the subway it'll keep on popping up an error code. The stupid thing is that the longer you are underground, the more popups appear, so by the end of my hour train ride I'd have to x out of like 20 boxes. The thing is sometimes it happens and then sometimes it doesn't. It's so weird and random, but extremely annoying.

I've given up on having it notify me, I just check it every so often to see if anyone has IMed me or whatever. Not to mention it crashed once when it popped up a notification and I tried to open it. After I started the client again the IM was gone, retarded.

That said, it's still the best IM client since it's server side instead of client side like Agile or palringo. I don't have to worry about keeping my data always connected as it'll just notify me when I log back in of all the IMs that were sent to me while the program was closed or I was underground. As far as I know, the built in client is the only one capable of that.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Built in messaging client

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Yea the built in client is super buggy, anytime I'm in the subway it'll keep on popping up an error code. The stupid thing is that the longer you are underground, the more popups appear, so by the end of my hour train ride I'd have to x out of like 20 boxes. The thing is sometimes it happens and then sometimes it doesn't. It's so weird and random, but extremely annoying.

I've given up on having it notify me, I just check it every so often to see if anyone has IMed me or whatever. Not to mention it crashed once when it popped up a notification and I tried to open it. After I started the client again the IM was gone, retarded.

That said, it's still the best IM client since it's server side instead of client side like Agile or palringo. I don't have to worry about keeping my data always connected as it'll just notify me when I log back in of all the IMs that were sent to me while the program was closed or I was underground. As far as I know, the built in client is the only one capable of that.
That's one of the main reasons why I haven't tried any of the 3rd party apps. I like how I can minimize the application and remain online. It's just the notification that bugs me.

I was hoping there was an updated version of the client. Every now and again I'll get the connection error. Weird thing is, I won't really know if the connection is ok until someone tries to send me a message and THEN I get the error code so that's kind of annoying. That doen't really happen all that often though. If the notifications would work how they are suppose to, it would be an excellent app.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro