PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: I miss my buttons.. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
This is true, people seem to rave about SPB Shell, but stuff like that costs money, hahah.
I used SPB Mobile Shell 2.something when I had the regular touch. What I like about TF3D is that with the texts, you can look at them there at the interface and reply to them without the actual txt app opening and such.
I may try Mobile Shell 3.0 but can't really find info about what's changed from the previous versions or even screen shots.....
Old 04-02-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPiper View Post
Push the power button and you are one button away from internet, messages, camera, phone, or the start menu.. Plus the scroll/click wheel was great for one-hand navigation..
Boy do I ever agree with that.

I have had a TouchPro since early November, but I still miss the hell out of my old xv6800 hardware buttons.........

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

I wish someone would come out with a hardware key mode that split the keys up on the TP like this (see illustration below). I can't tell you how many times I'll hit the top corner of the key, but it ends up executing the function for the bottom part of the key (ie hit home and instead it opens up the calling screen).

Not everyone wants an iPhone clone . Functioning keys that are clearly defined are a GOOD THING!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg buttons.jpg (17.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post

Not everyone wants an iPhone clone . Functioning keys that are clearly defined are a GOOD THING!

I agree 100%. The trend towards eliminating all the hardware buttons is getting more & more like the iphone & I don't think anybody on this site wants that............

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Boy do I ever agree with that.

I have had a TouchPro since early November, but I still miss the hell out of my old xv6800 hardware buttons.........

~John
I miss the scroll wheel the most, the touch scroll is super finicky and has different functions in each program and I feel like the sensitivity varies from one second to another. I'd move 15 degrees and it'd go down one and move another 30 degrees and it'll go down 5 and maybe go backwards another 2
Old 04-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Whetdesert is a n00b

Here is a video showcasing the new mobile shell 3.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2AOukFSz5o
Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whetdesert View Post
Here is a video showcasing the new mobile shell 3.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2AOukFSz5o
I wonder if they'll ever actually release the damn thing???????

~John
Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor

I miss my buttons on the 6800, but the button I think I miss the most was the camera button (if someone could find a way to map one of the other buttons to the camera, that would help.) When I broke my 6800's touchscreen, I was still able to use almost every funtion of the phone (save for the internet). I will be up **** creek if I break my Touch Pro screen.
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)
Old 04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBobOneHalf View Post
I miss my buttons on the 6800, but the button I think I miss the most was the camera button (if someone could find a way to map one of the other buttons to the camera, that would help.) When I broke my 6800's touchscreen, I was still able to use almost every funtion of the phone (save for the internet). I will be up **** creek if I break my Touch Pro screen.
I have the "phone" button mapped to open the camera app when I press and hold that button.
Though I do miss a button on the side of it where it's easier to snap pics. Speaking of the camera, I don't like how long it takes from when you press the button to take a pic to when the picture is actually taken.....
Old 04-02-2009, 02:40 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

ae button is a must on these phones. also for those that miss the wifi switch, the new version of quickmenu has wifi controls.

there are new version of the camera app floating around that are fairly snappy (pun intended...)
juicy's roms have it built in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro