PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Lurker

ni66at is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Help with installing a TF3D Theme?????

Ok I have seen a lot of TF3D themes posted and want to install them but have no idea what im doing. Im asuming by reading other posts I need to download some type of editor first before I download and attempt to install the theme i want. So if some one could be so kind to just break it down in steps on what I should be doing to install a theme to my Touch Pro, and also the link for an editor (if needed)? Thanks...

Last edited by ni66at; 04-01-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Help with installing a TF3D Theme?????

Depends on what "theme" you're seeing... if you are wanting to install a file that is actually a completed theme with a .theme ending you want to find the TF3Dconfig program to swap out the themes...
If you just want to change the icons/sliders/clocks, many of the set ups are cabbed up.. put the .cab file on your phone and click on it, install is like .exe on a computer.

If not cabbed up you can also disable TF3D in your today settings and copy the files to your windows directory then re-enable TF3D...... the files would end in _manila and have a series of numbers and/or letters. Often you need a special file explorer like TotalCommander (which is free) to successfully overwrite windows files as the stock file explorer on your phone won't allow the process.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ni66at is a n00b

Ok well one that I have already been trying to make work is this Shakass Theme and they are manila files and i turned TF3D off copied the Shakass folder to my windows directory then tried to turn TF3D back on and the old TF3D theme came back up... I dont know what im doing wrong...
Old 04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni66at View Post
Ok well one that I have already been trying to make work is this Shakass Theme and they are manila files and i turned TF3D off copied the Shakass folder to my windows directory then tried to turn TF3D back on and the old TF3D theme came back up... I dont know what im doing wrong...
Try turning of TF3D and then soft-resetting the phone.
Why donate to one person, when you can support the site that makes it all possible instead

Old 04-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Did you copy the folder or just the "*_manila" files?
If you copied the folder itself (and created a /windows/Shakass ) folder it will not work, the _manilla files that is in that Shakass folder needs to be copied to the /windows folder, replacing the _manila files that are currently there.

As stated before you may need to turn of TF3D and use a file explorer like RESCO.

Also you can do the same thing via an active sync connection (or at least I have been able to), just make sure you still turn off TF3D though.....

...and if you need to know how to turn TF3D off...tap START then SETTING then TODAY, go to the ITEMS tab. Find TF3D and uncheck it, click OK.

Last edited by CyberMonkey; 04-02-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ni66at is a n00b

Ok thanks im finally getting it but it looks like its going to replace all the other manila files so im assuming I need to back those up if I want to restore later but how would I go about that? in The Shakass folder it has a back up folder but is that the normal TF3D back up files?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ok thanks im finally getting it but it looks like its going to replace all the other manila files so im assuming I need to back those up if I want to restore later but how would I go about that? in The Shakass folder it has a back up folder but is that the normal TF3D back up files?
Where did you get the files? I can get them and make a cab file for ya, then it is just a matter of uninstalling it.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
I know before I started playing around with themes I snagged all the _manila files and saved them to my deskstop (worst case scenerio just copy them back and replace what is currently there).

In reality you only need to replace the _manila files that changes things, alot of themes only include the changed files (or at least the ones I have come across).
Old 04-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ni66at is a n00b

I got it from this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=shakass
Old 04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

Actually, if you look in that thread, he has a cab file posted already! Click this link
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1232300304

Then you can copy that one file to your phone or memory card, click on it from File Explorer on your phone, and then choose to install it to the device. If you want to go back at some point in the future, or change to something else. You just go to settings->system->Remove Programs, and then choose that Shakass theme to uninstall it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro