PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

freaKs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freaKs
Touch Pro Battery Issue - HELP!!

My phone charged ALL NIGHT. I come to work, and plug it into my work PC via the usb cable directly from the PC.

now, I am getting "Main Battery Too Low" message, and my phone is shutting itself off, as well as a screen which randomly turns off and on every minute or so. Whats the deal here? Keep in mind, my phone charged all night, just like every night beside my bed. Which I usually get a whole day worth of battery life. This is very frustrating, and making me re-think if this $400 I spent on this phone and switchd from a BlackBerry 8330 Curve, was worth it.

Last edited by freaKs; 03-30-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

freaKs is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro Battery Issue - HELP!!

No help on this one, guys?
Old 03-30-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: SPrint

Everette is keeping up the good workEverette is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaKs View Post
No help on this one, guys?
Soft-reset then charge again. Sometimes certain ROMs (custom or stock) have issues supplying power to the battery for charging. I am not sure why and I have faced the issue in the past, but a soft-reset did the trick.

You could even try removing the battery for a few minutes to make sure it fully soft-reset.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

freaKs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everette View Post
Soft-reset then charge again. Sometimes certain ROMs (custom or stock) have issues supplying power to the battery for charging. I am not sure why and I have faced the issue in the past, but a soft-reset did the trick.

You could even try removing the battery for a few minutes to make sure it fully soft-reset.
This is bazaar. I did all that you suggested. Even left the battery detached for over 30mins. Re-attached everything, powered it on. It then stayed on for about 10 mins, I plugged it in to charge. Now, it is shutting down, turning on, shutting down, turning on. Over and over. Now, I have it sitting here, with the battery out, and it sitting here useless.

I did nothing to cause this, just as stated above, it just suddenly happened. Now, here I am with no phone, no charge, nothing. I realy am second guessing this purchase, and I really was beginning to like this thing.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

It could be that your charging port is bad. Might want to try and get a program that actually displays the charge and discharge rates.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

freaKs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post
It could be that your charging port is bad. Might want to try and get a program that actually displays the charge and discharge rates.
Upon leaving my office, I plugged in my headphones, as I do everyday for my evening drive home. Well, music was coming from the phones speaker instead of my headphones. Keep in mind this is not even a week out of the box.

I stopped at the nearest SPRINT branded store / service center on the way home, and I should be expecting my replacement no later then tomorrow.

The quoted post, was obviously the closest to correct. Thanks given
Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Got my TP today... It will only keep charging if it is plugged into a laptop??
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Got my TP today... It will only keep charging if it is plugged into a laptop??
just the lappy? it won't charge while plugged in an outlet? it sounds like the cord might have a short or the mini usb connector is bad.

Last edited by Dr.8820; 04-03-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:03 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
just the lappy? it won't charge while plugged in an outlet? it sounds like the cord might have a short or the mini usb connector is bad.
I turned the phone completely off and then it did chargewith the outlet. I seem to remember one other older phone of mine doing the same thing.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I turned the phone completely off and then it did chargewith the outlet. I seem to remember one other older phone of mine doing the same thing.
I've read reports of people having strange problems with their new touch pros and doing a hard reset helped alot. Not sure if that will even affect your issue cause it sounds like a hardware problem, but just tryin to help out. Also...it won't charge if it's beyond a certain temp, which is a common complaint. Not sure if you knew that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro