PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.
Carrier: Sprint

Rento_VW is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wallpaper "tab" or picture as wallpaper? Screensave/lock screen?

Is there a way to make like a second tab to the left of the today/home tab? A tab that has NOTHING except your wallpaper?

Just wondering since I have two wallpapers I switch between...

Would really like to be able to hit my power button to wake it up from it's small sleep mode, and just see wallpaper, and than hit like the home button to get to the home... Maybe as a "screensaver" or lock screen? But not really. kinda hard to explain...
Old 03-30-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO, DroidPro, BBerry Bold/Tour
Carrier: sprint speed

igot5onitt is a n00b
Re: Wallpaper "tab" or picture as wallpaper? Screensave/lock screen?

no... if there was.. u wouldnt see all these ppl asking how to create a new tab in TF3D.

you could always get the clear clock for the manilla customizer.. then u wouldnt see the clock.. but im not sure if u can take call history and calendar off of the screen
Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You definitely can take call history and calendar off the screen if you are wanting that.. but it seems like maybe the OP wants to do hot switches of his wallpaper from one tab? not sure exactly what he's asking.

Anyway, if anyone wants the call history and calendar off of screen check into clean home page threads... and the corner clock thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52437 you don't need corner clock to clear out hte home screen but there are some layout changes made that clear it (mode9 editing) and a local Mode9 hero to help with mods and understanding...
Old 03-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Is this possible? Technically, yes
Is it work it? Not at all

Just get a screen lock app such as pocket shield or s2u2 or something
Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It's pretty straight forward... But I dunno how to explain it...

Like my computer desktop... I HATE icons... So I have a program called iconoid that hides the desktop icons unless I absolutely need them and and I can show them.

What I want for my phone another tab that is pretty much free of everything except the start bar and task buttons at the top... No clock, no TF3D tabs, nothing...

If another tab can't be made, perhaps if I held down my end call button to lock my phone, it switches to the full image that would be my wallpaper...

I don't know, any type of modification/program that can allow me to view my entire wallpaper... I honestly could care less for the clock, appointments, and last calls on the today screen....

Slightly off-topic, but in the meantime, anyone know of a cab that can make my current active tab clear?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK try this then... Second Today program, and set no other plugins as your today screen.. Second Today is then set to your right soft key. You can click that and have a clean screen with your wallpaper and taskbar.

______

Another option I have seen over on XDA a theme that only shows the current tab, no other icons and you can use the invisible clock as well as the clean home set up to completely clear your home screen (since you said you didn't care about clock anyway. You would never see any icons on the home screen but you could click on the "ghost" of the area where call history/voicemail/appointments would be to access those screens as well as clicking on the where the clock would be to access alarm page. Addtionally you could still "flip up" the clock to see the small clock. I can look for these cabs/files later on today if you can't find them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I bet i could make this happen...gimme a bit and ill see what i can do

EDIT: LUA files own me....sorry

Last edited by ACoolGuy; 03-31-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Still a Geek

Yeah but CoolGuy.. I know you can clear the screen with those 59xxx and 1cxxx files right? That would be the simplest way since he doesn't care about appointmnets or clocks. It would not get him 2 home screens but would give him a clean one. Then we'd find him the setup with no icons and he might be set!

Last edited by eenieMINI; 03-31-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks a TON guys... Going to look for the second today app.

EDIT: This program is sweet! Where can I find plugins?

Also I was confused on how to get the 2nd screen up without going to start >Second Today... Used this little guide...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...70&postcount=6

Last edited by Rento_VW; 04-01-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Still a Geek

Glad to see you're getting the look you've envisioned! Becareful though.... this gets addicting!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro