PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari
Cool WModem, Touch Pro, Working...

Alright everyone, I did a search for WModem and it seems that a lot of you are having problems getting it to work. Through searching and reading other people’s posts I have gotten it to work. You are going to need some files, the same files you used to get Wmodem to work on the Titan. You can find those attached below. I do not take credit for these files, and would like to thank TalynOne. I have tested this through USB not Bluetooth. Now for the Destructions... Inside the zip file you will find a couple files. These are the basic steps I followed to get this working on my Touch Pro.
1. Copy wmodem.exe.0409.mui, To the windows directory.
2. Copy wmodem.exe, to the windows directory.
3. Copy Wireless Modem (shortcut) into your windows/start menu/programs directory.
4. Get a registry editor and change these values.
  1. Go to HKLM\Software\OEM\WMODEM
  2. Change: DWORD "CheckProfile"=1 to DWORD "CheckProfile"=0"
  3. Change: DWORD "Multi-NAI"=1 to DWORD "Multi-NAI"=1"
  4. Make sure that DWORD "WModemDUN"=0"

The zip file also includes the drivers needed to make your computer recognize the phone as a modem. I have included an edited version of TalynOne's readme file. Thanks again go TalynOne for helping me get this working on the mogul. If you would like to try to get wmodem to connect through Bluetooth, I left the files and original instructions from TalynOne in the zip.
You make these changes at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any charges you may occur.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wireless_Modem_Touch_Pro.zip (268.7 KB, 325 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by SpecialAgentSicari; 03-27-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Re: WModem, Touch Pro, Working...

What's the difference between this and ICS?
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
What's the difference between this and ICS?
that's what i was wondering
Old 04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

Now that I think about it, with WModem, you were able to use BT to connect (ICS does this as well) and it had a nifty little screen with lights that signified connection and data transfer. Pretty much a slightly spiffy version of ICS. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I remember using WModem on the 6800 and that's what I remember. Even now, I don't tether as much BUT it's cool cuz now all I have to do is plug in a USB cable and I'm connected in a matter of seconds. With the 6800, you had to do all kinds of setting up on both ends to get it to work.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900

chunnel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentSicari View Post
Alright everyone, I did a search for WModem and it seems that a lot of you are having problems getting it to work. Through searching and reading other people’s posts I have gotten it to work. You are going to need some files, the same files you used to get Wmodem to work on the Titan. You can find those attached below. I do not take credit for these files, and would like to thank TalynOne. I have tested this through USB not Bluetooth. Now for the Destructions... Inside the zip file you will find a couple files. These are the basic steps I followed to get this working on my Touch Pro.
1. Copy wmodem.exe.0409.mui, To the windows directory.
2. Copy wmodem.exe, to the windows directory.
3. Copy Wireless Modem (shortcut) into your windows/start menu/programs directory.
4. Get a registry editor and change these values.
  1. Go to HKLM\Software\OEM\WMODEM
  2. Change: DWORD "CheckProfile"=1 to DWORD "CheckProfile"=0"
  3. Change: DWORD "Multi-NAI"=1 to DWORD "Multi-NAI"=1"
  4. Make sure that DWORD "WModemDUN"=0"

The zip file also includes the drivers needed to make your computer recognize the phone as a modem. I have included an edited version of TalynOne's readme file. Thanks again go TalynOne for helping me get this working on the mogul. If you would like to try to get wmodem to connect through Bluetooth, I left the files and original instructions from TalynOne in the zip.
You make these changes at your own risk and I take no responsibility for any charges you may occur.
This may be an obvious answer to anyone but myself, but... Are these files copied to the mobile device windows directory or my vista computer's window directory. Same question on the Registry changes.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also, there is Wmodem.exe in the Windows directory of the mobile device. It is read only and cannot be deleted or overwritten.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
This may be an obvious answer to anyone but myself, but... Are these files copied to the mobile device windows directory or my vista computer's window directory. Same question on the Registry changes.
your phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
Also, there is Wmodem.exe in the Windows directory of the mobile device. It is read only and cannot be deleted or overwritten.
if it's already there then it's probably already installed. But if you still want to overwrite it then you have to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander may also work.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari

Wmodem turns your phone into a USB modem, you have to create a dial-up connection on your computer and dial up to sprint's network. I have found that at times I get better speeds using Wmodem vs ICS.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:47 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

so this is basically a way to connect a single computer wirelessly as apposed to wmwifirouter which lets multiple computers connect to an access point (your phone) ?

Old 04-07-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
your phone

if it's already there then it's probably already installed. But if you still want to overwrite it then you have to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander may also work.
Total Commander did work thank you. I'll let you know how the rest works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro