PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
Where are Sprint Customizations located?

I want to perform a Hard Reset and i always skip the Sprint customizations but i would like to know where on my Touch Pro they are located bc there are a couple programs that i want to install but just not the entire bundle of sprint customizations. So if i could just open file explorer and find the ones i want to install it would be great. Anyone know where they are stored?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Where are Sprint Customizations located?

There's a region in the ROM that has to be unlocked. I remember they did it for the Mogul, but I have no idea if they did it for the TP. As far as I knew you couldn't even bypass the customizations for the TP as it would just continuously try to install it no matter what.

Check out Juggalo_X's ftp for some Sprint software like the OZ Messenger and stuff. Other ROMs might have some miscellaneous Sprint customization software meant to be installed onto the phone after flashing on their pages.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Alright,

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Umm...all the cabs are in the windows folder...TP has no extended ROM
Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
Umm...all the cabs are in the windows folder...TP has no extended ROM
Wow seriously? I'm using MightyMikes ROM so I can't tell for the stock, but some of the customization that ran on this ROM like the installation of googlemaps is indeed in the /windows folder. That would be way easier hahah
Old 03-24-2009, 11:36 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

if OP just goes in deletes the exe or cabs.. its not gonna do a ton though.. hell still have links in his program folder, file folders for the apps, all kinds of data still really.. most of us know that deleting isnt the same as uninstalling OP if you do that, you'd need something like skmanager to get rid of the links out of your programs folder...

your just gonna have to hard reset, then before customizations start, soft reset your device.. theres a few posts around where u can get the OEM files for things like sprint tv, sprint nav, pic mail, rss...etc

if u really dont wanna hard reset and just delete al the data u can find, heres the shortcut manager app, thatll delete the apps out of your programs folder
Attached Files
File Type: zip SKSMGR.ZIP (421.2 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
if OP just goes in deletes the exe or cabs.. its not gonna do a ton though.. hell still have links in his program folder, file folders for the apps, all kinds of data still really.. most of us know that deleting isnt the same as uninstalling OP if you do that, you'd need something like skmanager to get rid of the links out of your programs folder...

your just gonna have to hard reset, then before customizations start, soft reset your device.. theres a few posts around where u can get the OEM files for things like sprint tv, sprint nav, pic mail, rss...etc

if u really dont wanna hard reset and just delete al the data u can find, heres the shortcut manager app, thatll delete the apps out of your programs folder
I'm not sure if the OP means to uninstall stuff, just to make sure they don't install in the first place. I did this with my Mogul too, where I didn't let the customizations run but used the cabs from the extended ROM to install the IOTA and other misc. Sprint network functionality stuff. That way I didn't wind up with crap from Sprint Music/TV, etc.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

yeah i just reread, basically he just wants a source for oem downloads... be back with a link in a min OP
Old 03-24-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

You are right in saying that all i want is on a hard reset to be able to pick and choose what installs, i don't necessarily want to delete their existence. thanks for all your input.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Jedi Master

An alternative is also running the Sprint cleanup .cab found in the TP Essentials thread. That's what I did before I flashed to a custom ROM. It worked really well and was pretty snappy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro