PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!! Need to convert Sprint TP back from VZW service to Sprint service

I have a Sprint Touch Pro that I went through using the tutorial found here, to convert for use on Verizon's service. Unfortunately, I need to sell the phone and need to set it back up for Sprint service.

I had read several posts in the tutorial thread that stated that doing a Clear Storage on the phone would result in all the settings going back to stock, so stupid me I didn't write any of the factory Sprint settings down.

I have flashed back to the stock Sprint ROM and completed a Clear Storage, then loaded up QPST and found that all the Verizon settings are still there! I have a buyer for the phone who wanted to pick it up today, but needs it back to stock.

Can anyone help me??
Old 03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: HELP!! Need to convert Sprint TP back from VZW service to Sprint service

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
I have a Sprint Touch Pro that I went through using the tutorial found here, to convert for use on Verizon's service. Unfortunately, I need to sell the phone and need to set it back up for Sprint service.

I had read several posts in the tutorial thread that stated that doing a Clear Storage on the phone would result in all the settings going back to stock, so stupid me I didn't write any of the factory Sprint settings down.

I have flashed back to the stock Sprint ROM and completed a Clear Storage, then loaded up QPST and found that all the Verizon settings are still there! I have a buyer for the phone who wanted to pick it up today, but needs it back to stock.

Can anyone help me??

Try flashing the Stock Sprint ROM. It should overide that changes you made in order to put the phone on VZW. Did you do a back up of the phone before making the changes to put it on VZW?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Try flashing the Stock Sprint ROM. It should overide that changes you made in order to put the phone on VZW. Did you do a back up of the phone before making the changes to put it on VZW?
I did flash back to one of the leaked stock Sprint ROM's found on this forum, and then did a Clear Storage after it finished flashing.

No I did not back up the settings and yes this was stupid of me, but several people in the tutorial thread said that doing a Clear Storage would put all the settings back to stock There were several complaints by people who had done a Clear Storage and then had to go back in and re-do the whole thing.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

What is the number to dial to program for Sprint? Like for Verizon we dial *228...
Old 03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

try ##302373#
Old 03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

what about installing the DCD Sprint Carrier cab? Would this put all those settings back to stock?

EDIT: Nevermind, DCD Sprint carrier cab didn't change anything... ##302373# didn't do anything either.

Last edited by bast525; 03-17-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What settings do you need? If you tell me what you need, I can get read them off for you. In the mean time, try doing a sprint PRI and PRL update
Old 03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The command you want is ##786#. You will need your MSL, which I assume you already have.

##786# will reset the device to factory default.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro