PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

jsntrenkler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lost my job

Sorry to hear about your Job loss .. Keep your chin up, I know that is easy for one to say that is not in your shoes. Will definitely put a prayer in for ya.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

dude sorry to hear, hopfully things will be changing for the better soon.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Definitely sorry to hear about the job loss... in the mean time, I'll second the advice to back things up via PIMBackup, and then restore them after you repoint your ActiveSync settings to an alternate. Good luck in your job search!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
+1

The times are rough, and every time I hear something like this is makes me mad because people don't deserve this!

As Mightymike mentioned mail2web.com would be a good route for you.
Mail2web is really good for it's free service. About the only complaint is they are currently stuck on Exchange 2003(even for their paid Personal accounts), so no HTML pushing.

To the OP, sorry to hear about your job loss. I just went thru the same thing, the middle of last year. Just get your resume out there and something will pop up. Don't get discouraged.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-14-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

inmnbob is just getting started

Thanks to everyone for the personal and techincal advice.

I am overwhelmed as so many people are these days. What is refreshing and promising too is how people seem to be pulling together and for each other. I have talked to old friends who I hadn't talked with in years and several new friends like you on this board have offered help too.

I am thankful again to all of you.

Now-- I just want to make sure that I don't lose all my contacts as well as my job!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Try pan handling. it works for me.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

that sucks man. I am college graduate and work at retail store I know its temporary just take whatever you get for now. The economy is in a bad shape and jobs are not readily available. And my direct loan payment kicks in 3/28!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:57 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Try pan handling. it works for me.
For some strange reason, I don't think you're lying.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I would suggest using PIMbackup to backup your contacts and then switching over to GMail Calendar/contacts for syncing purposes. Seems the right time to make a switch like that. Maybe even you GMail Imap for your email as well.
This is exactly what I did. Not only a good solution but it's also free!

Outlook is good and I used it work (even pushed it as the IT director) but it's so complex for what you currently need.

Good luck on your search.

tsp
Old 03-14-2009, 11:29 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

I am sorry to hear about your employment situation. The economy will get better sooner than later.

On the contact issue, it seems you have been given several options already but once you get a new job you should consider setting up a yahoo account and having your work contacts sync with the yahoo account. Yahoo is not the only mail provider that does this.

I would find a good head hunter - it is always easier to find a job when someone has an in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro