PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TelNAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
+1 for Mapquest Nav
Does it say the actual street names like Telenav/Sprint Navigation?
Old 03-22-2009, 04:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

its got nothing to do with any "everything plans" its included for free in most of the data add on packs.. you could have a 29.99 plan, as long as u have the right data pack or unlimited data, youll be able to use it for free
Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
Does it say the actual street names like Telenav/Sprint Navigation?
Yeah it can - there's an option in the settings to where you can have it say the street names.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

I must say, when using Telenav 5.1.16 in areas that have open sky (not inner cities areas with high buildings that sometimes can screw up the GPS) I'm noticing ZERO LAG. Sprint Navigation seemed to have some lag.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Naveronski is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Naveronski Send a message via AIM to Naveronski Send a message via MSN to Naveronski Send a message via Yahoo to Naveronski

How does it compare with Google Maps? I tried TelNAV when I first got my phone, and I was not impressed.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I never use anything that can't speak the directions. (Audible turn by turn guidance in addition to on screen maps.) And I prefer that the actual street names be spoken, but I'm able to accept spoken directions that don't say the street name if the routing is suburb.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

I had this working at one time. But since ive flashed (to multiple roms) and its now telling me my subscription has expired. I Have sprint service. How do I get it the actual app?
Old 03-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuts5423 View Post
I had this working at one time. But since ive flashed (to multiple roms) and its now telling me my subscription has expired. I Have sprint service. How do I get it the actual app?
This has happened to me twice on stock ROMs, on an 800w and Touch Pro. The first time it just started working again after a few minutes. Last night it wouldn't go past the subscription page, so I logged onto chat with Sprint and she just made a note that any duplicate charges would be removed since Navigation is already part of my Everything plan. I chose the monthly subscription option, the program started up, and it's working OK now.

Now I fear I'll forever have to call Sprint every month and complain until they remove the duplicate charge...hopefully that won't happen, but my hopes aren't terribly high.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work

I flashed to mightyrom and I'm wondering if I install telenav instead of sprint navigation will I be charged extra??
Old 03-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffgong4 View Post
I flashed to mightyrom and I'm wondering if I install telenav instead of sprint navigation will I be charged extra??
Regardless which you install, you use the same information to log in. I never heard of anyone being charged extra. It's the same service. Sprint directs customers to the Telenav versions for their devices if they ask to upgrade the software. See my earlier comments here, where Sprint customer service directed me the Telenav software for the HTC Touch, which has no Sprint branding.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro