PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djhes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock Touch pro is sooo slow, help?

I dont have any crazy mods on my phone, it is pretty much stock but it is sooo slow when I do anything, try to open my mail, a particular text message, mostly.

Is there any tweaks that can maybe speed up this process? I monitor my applications and only have activesync open. it says there is 45% memory used but what good is that if everything is still slow!

Im considering jumping ship, pretty pissed i spent $460 on this phone when it is this slow. I have a mogul as well that I need to tell. but I might have 2 phones for sale soon if I cant figure out how to speed this thing up!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium_W_U/Hero_U_R/MoPho_U_R

Jalupinja is just getting started
Re: Stock Touch pro is sooo slow, help?

seriously, stock isn't the best. search the forums on flashing a new rom, back up your data first. after you have flashed your rom of choice you will be extremely satisfied and could never live without your HTC.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

I had the same problem on my first TP and back then the fix was to do a hard reset out of the box. Which I did and improved things. Now, with that said, there are many tweaks that will improve your experience. Look a the essentials thread and you will find a lot of fixes and tweaks to improve performance.

Before you jump ship, keep in mind that although this phone has been out since Oct 08, there has not been an official ROM released yet. And with any new phone PDA or not, there are going to be issues with them until the first ROM is released.

I would do a heard reset and then look around in the Essentials thread. In addition everyone here is real helpful so if you have an issue, you can always ask. I am sure that someone has an answer. But search is your friend. Try searching first and see if your issues have already been addressed.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

Sweet thanks for the replys. I guess i just needed to hear that it is worth tweaking the phone and it actually does improve the speed. I tweaked my mogul quite a bit and it seemed to work, but the darn thing crashed randomly all the time.

I wish there was a way to make the apps that I use all the time load faster than the apps i uses rarely. Ill check out the essentials thread again, I will have to nut up and try the ROM!

thanx,
Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

may wanna also look into the hd port if flashing isnt a option yet. lots of benefits including speed. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52836 great to install after hard reset also.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

Man I felt a little insecure about posting but you guys are really helpful! I cant try anything now since im at work, but as soon as I can i will reference the helpful links.

cheers
Old 03-12-2009, 03:42 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

now i see why your tp is slow, your phone info. is wrong. poor pro, just wants you to change your phone info. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro