PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! TP does not recognize external Card

About thirty minutes ago, I plugged my TP to my computer to use Active sync but it didn't show me my external storage card. So I soft-reset and then got a message saying Gnagent.exe does not exist, so I soft reset it again, took the card out and put it back in, took the battery out and put it back in...still no dice. All the programs installed on my storage card are missing. It's a Transcend 8gb (about 2 months old at the most) and was working fine without any glitches. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Do i need to hard reset? I hope not but if it is the only option then I guess I have to...Please help!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Help! TP does not recognize external Card

Anyone? Please help...
Old 03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

have you tried viewing the phone as a disk drive instead of using activsync to open the storage card?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes I did actually, windows says the file or directory is corruptible or unreadable...strange
Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Lurker

Runamok81 is becoming a great contributor

ThesFactor, I use the same Transcend card and it has worked great for two months. I'm not sure what your error message means,but I'm sure someone else can elaborate. Anyways, I have been through SD card recognition trouble before, and I will try to help.

Did you change any settings such as (Settings>>Connections>>USB to PC >> ActiveSync/Diskdrive)?

More importantly, did you take out, or access the card with any device other than the HTC touch Pro?

If so, an improper dismount (removing the card while it's accessing data) can cause anomalies, or alter file structure etc.

First step would be to see if the card can be read in another device such a PC/etc... If so, great! Your data is still there.

If not, then you may have to reformat the card. If there is crucial data (such as pics of your gf) then you can try one of the many SD card data recovery programs (just google search). They take some time, but they work.

If reformatting the card doesn't work, then I know there is a .cab floating around the forums that has the actual SD card reader program. You could try re-installing this.

And lastly, a hard reset. But I would definitely backup my data with google contacs, or sprite backup before
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Lurker

sycorange is a n00b

Have you dropped your phone recently? I dropped mine and the card actually slid out a very little bit...try taking off the back and popping the card in and out
Old 03-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Lurker

sycorange is a n00b

Actually making everything i tried to do give me an error...because the card actually wasnt in the phone
Old 03-09-2009, 05:10 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

it sounds like you are going to have to format the card then. I have had this happen once before and the card got corrputed somehow. Reformatted and it started working again.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks Runamok81!

To answer your questions
No, I did not make any changes to the settings...
I don't think there could have been an improper dismount since I never took the card out of its slot since I put it in there until today, it has never been switched over to another device etc.
When I get home, I'm going to switch back to my old 1gb card that came with the TP to make sure its not my TP thats at fault and also check to see if the PC recognizes the 8gb SD card.
There isn't much crucial data on there except for the regular pics and programs I have installed, it's a pain to install everything again. I will probably try one of these SD data recovery programs...Thank you for that info.

Is there anyway to find this .cab file you are talking about if the reformating does not work? What is it called?
Hopefully a hard reset is not what I will have to do by the end of the day...once again thanks...
Any info from anyone else will help a lot...
Old 03-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This happen to me a while back with a sandisk card I had for my Mogul. One day it just stopped working & I could no longer access any files on it. I finally end up replacing it with another but from that day on I kept a backup of my storage card on a flash drive & my computer just in case I ran into that problem again.

I doubt you have to hard reset. It sounds like its the actual card, not your phone. Try accessing it from another device or Computer like someone suggest earlier

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 03-09-2009 at 05:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro