PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

yosteve is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tested Mods on Altel phones

I've done a tremendous amount of searching as was wondering if we could start an list for mods that people have tried and are known to work on the Alltel version of the TP.

Anyone who has one who's tested, feel free to post.

It seems like everything I want to do is going to be a huge leap of faith cause I don't have a sprint phone.

Obviously backing up is the way to go, so which backup has been tried on the Alltel TP.

thanks

Last edited by yosteve; 03-08-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Changed for Clarity!
Old 03-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yosteve is a n00b
Re: Alltel Approved Mods

I haven't gotten a pair to flash my rom yet, but I have and am using the Advanced Configuration Tool from Touch Xperience to change the order of my TF3D menu, lose the message sent alert and turn off supposedly various things like microSD card when not in use.

I also use Repeatr so that I can get repeat alerts saying I have an unchecked voicemail, email, missed call, or text. I don't like how it has to stay on as a program but it doesn't take up much memory and does it well. (I did try to change the stock ring to it, but it didn't work)

that's all I got, which isn't much, but I had to do a hard reset last night cause my communication manager got screwed up from a cab that allowed you to set your softkey buttons. is it me or does changing the soft keys or making shortcuts in general seem like a no-brainer for any new phones that come out. some things just don't make sense.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

didnt know any provider had "approved mods" other than either there's or HTC's updates. usually they dont want you to do jack to your phone.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
didnt know any provider had "approved mods" other than either there's or HTC's updates. usually they dont want you to do jack to your phone.
That's what I thought he was talking about too, but it sounds like he's asking for things that will work on his Alltel version of the TP instead of things that are actually approved by Alltel. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yosteve is a n00b

I guess that was vague, I mean approved by us.

Everything posted has a disclaimer on it, if this bricks your phone don't blame me/us, etc.

Well how are you supposed to determine what will and what won't other than trial and error.

So I wanted everyone to share their mods that they have tried and found okay to use (at least for them, on their Alltel TP), hence the post after the original one.

Sorry for the ambiguity.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yosteve is a n00b

Move if you need to

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosteve View Post
Advanced Configuration Tool from Touch Xperience to change the order of my TF3D menu, lose the message sent alert and turn off supposedly various things like microSD card when not in use.

I also use Repeatr so that I can get repeat alerts saying I have an unchecked voicemail, email, missed call, or text. I don't like how it has to stay on as a program but it doesn't take up much memory and does it well. (I did try to change the stock ring to it, but it didn't work)
Update of stuff that worked on my Alltel TP:

Diamond TF3D Config works and allowed me to remove programs I didn't want in TF3D. It also allowed me to change the order of my tabs

icontact works and does a pretty good job (could use a exit or minimize button however). it does a better job than TF3D if you only have your 1 finger available.

AIM for pocket PC seems to work (although I stopped using it as of late). I did have trouble logging in for a day and haven't tried it again since.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yosteve is a n00b
Re: Tested Mods on Altel phones

Update again:

In searching again and again for a good keypad. I found a free program called PhoneType and I like it A LOT better than the stock phone keypad / T9. It's more like LG's predictive text than Moto's T9. It's thumb friendly for those you are super used to using one hand and thumb. And it doesn't repeat parts of words like the OEM keypad does annoyingly.

One thing I want that I totally don't get why all these keypads have is an easier way to input smileys and emoticons. On my old sidekick I just did word replace, so everytime I typed sm[space] it would replace it with Even on my old clamshell it remembered that if I type 1,1, it would cycle through smilies and I would just choose one. Is it so hard.

I tried another single thumb friendly input pad called TenGo Thumb and while it was okay, I just couldn't get my thumb to text qwerty over the phone pad. It was a little busy and it too couldn't handle smilies correctly.

Finally, I use Touch Lock Pro so that I don't make phone calls in my pocket.
It's not 100% effective but it works fairly well and although it does make
it hard to answer a call or turn down the ringer cause everything is locked like an Ipod is when it's locked. The best way to unlock it with the program is to pull the stylus out. There are also settings that allow it to unlock based upon the light sensor. example: you pull it out of your pocket and it senses light and it unlocks. put it back in and it locks.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Re: Tested Mods on Altel phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosteve View Post
.....Obviously backing up is the way to go, so which backup has been tried on the Alltel TP.....

I use SPB BackUp on my Alltel Touch Pro-

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/

Hope this helps ya out, and if it does, don't forget to hit the green "Thanks" button

-Keir-

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro