PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
audio cutting out in wmp?????

okay, so here is the deal. i have read up in many many many forums on the tp. great phone, and great job to all the people to are making and posting cab files for everyone else to use, it really does make this phone as good as it shoulda been right outta the box. so here is my problem:

i have advance config installed. and i boosted the volume in the wmp using this. the results were really good. clear, loud, easy to hear sound. so i was doing the dishes and listening to music on my tp, and then the sound cut out, not only on the wmp, but on the tp system completely. i had just gotten a text and there was no sound. so i tried just turning the sound down and back up, no dice. so i did a soft reset and the sound came back just fine. ths had happened a few times a long time ago, before i had adjusted anything on my phone. but it hadnt happened since, so i didnt worry about it. well last night it would just cut out after a few mins of playing songs. it has never happened in any other circimstance, only when using the wmp, and only when playing mp3's.

so the 1st thing i did was read some threads, but i have yet to find anything on this particular problem. im sure that i am just missing something, but any feedback at all would help.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work
Re: audio cutting out in wmp?????

bump

lol, someone's gotta know something!!!!!

its killin me
Old 03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (HTC Mogul)

MadHatter66 is a n00b

I have the same problem. I play podcasts off my card, and they do the same thing. Although many times it is if I do anything to the play back (pause, FFW, rewind). It sounds horrible.

The music on my card doesn't do it, even in WMP, and all my music is in MP3 format... It is just the podcasts. I did find that starting my podcast over and not pausing it fixes it, but its a real pain when I am 45min into an hour podcast...

I have tried a class4 and 6 card, and the internal memory, so it isn't related to storage as far as I can tell. And I have pulled the files off my phone, and they sound find on my computer, so it isn't a download error in the file...

All in all I will have to say I have no idea, but it bugs they hell out of me. I have 2 TP's and they both do it. One is an older build date (Oct 17), and one is a Jan I think

The next thing i was going to look at was the bit rate...because music is high bit rate and I am sure a podcast cant be that high. What is the bit-rate on your MP3's?

Last edited by MadHatter66; 03-05-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Info
Old 03-06-2009, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

my average is around 192kbps. i also have been putting video on my card as well, but there doesnt seem to be any problems there what so ever. and some of the vids are 2hr long movies. i dunno, but its really annoying
Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bump!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro