PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Picture mail usage?

Quick question, I just got my bill and I got charged the maximum amount for data usage, which is $75.00, as I do not have unlimited data- I know I should add it but I figured with wifi at work and home I wouldnt need it- I do however have unlimited text, pics, and vids, so my question is whether or not when I connect to Sprint Picture mail it is using data. The CS rep told me when I got the phone that as long as I had unlimited pics it would not charge me. If thats the case than what is using data? If I go on the internet Wi-Fi is enabled, and if I update the weather Wi-Fi is enabled. Is it possible that these are using data instead of Wi-Fi? The other CS rep told me to take the phone to a Sprint store for a diagnostic check to see why the data is being used, is this possible? I searched but couldnt find any relevent topics, also disabling data is not an option as I need pic mail.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Picture mail usage?

Whatever the case, demand a refund as it was not clearly explained to you by the Rep apparently. And then add the data.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

ViciousTemptations is a n00b

HI , well I personally have what is called the "Sprint Vision Pack" which allows Unlimited Data/Internet, Text, Picture Mail & in addition GPS , TV .

Should try it out .
Old 03-04-2009, 03:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

ViciousTemptations is a n00b

Continuing my Reply:

Sorry! by the way package costs $30.00 Month

- Take Care
Old 03-04-2009, 04:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

IIRC correctly, there is some data usage even while using WiFi. I also think there is a way to block that as well so you dont get charged.

And I would demand refund too.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Whatever the case, demand a refund as it was not clearly explained to you by the Rep apparently. And then add the data.
when i called to find out why the cs rep was like "you obviously are using data and you have to pay for it." I told her its not like i was trying to find a way to use the data and not pay for it I just would like to be explained why my phone is using it. thats when she told me to take it to a store. I guess i can call again and see what they say. I am going to add data to the plan i just want the 75.00 fixed
Old 03-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If they hassle you, ask for a supervisor. They do whatever you want.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are you using the default Sprint app to send picture mail, or are you using something else, like arcsoft or sMMS? If you are using something else, that could be why.

It could also be that your account isn't coded properly. Just call back and tell them the only data you have been using is for picture mail and to have them check the account.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
MWSlim

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You mean your pic mail actually works?
Old 03-04-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWSlim View Post
You mean your pic mail actually works?
haha yea it does sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Are you using the default Sprint app to send picture mail, or are you using something else, like arcsoft or sMMS? If you are using something else, that could be why.

It could also be that your account isn't coded properly. Just call back and tell them the only data you have been using is for picture mail and to have them check the account.
I am using the default picmail application from sprint, and the ishtty about that is when i first got the phone pic mail wouldnt work so the sprint cs told me to go on the web and download the new app, i'm like isnt that gonna charge me, and he said no

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro