PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
My Touch Pro wont charge! Please help!

About 2 weeks ago i noticed that if i talked on my touch pro while it was plugged into the charger that not only did it not run off of the charger but it also didnt charge at all. Has anyone else experienced this problem? From past experience (with other phones) when you plug them into the wall you can talk on them forever but with my touch pro if its plugged in the battery will just keep running out and die anyway! This sucks! Anyone got a fix?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro

cjmedina is keeping up the good workcjmedina is keeping up the good work
Re: My Touch Pro wont charge! Please help!

its a know problem. if it bothers you take it back

[/U]
Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

is it a touch pro problem, a htc problem or a windows mobile problem because now that i think of it i think my mogul did the same thing!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

I could recommend a few things. First, if you haven't already, you should change the radio to the 1.100f version. That will give you a bit of better battery life, and your phone shouldn't discharge as fast. It sounds like your devices battery is discharging faster than it's recharging; you can change the polling of your battery. There is a registry hack for doing that, and if I am not mistaken, there is probably a cab floating around also. The registry mod is fairly simple and, painless. If you do all of that and you still have the same issue then maybe there is something truly wrong with your device. Can you change your device to say Touch Pro instead of Diamond? This way the information being exchanged doesn't get misconstrued. Are you using a stock or custom rom? That information will be very helpful also so, let me know so I can try to help ya.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinejuan View Post
I could recommend a few things. First, if you haven't already, you should change the radio to the 1.100f version. That will give you a bit of better battery life, and your phone shouldn't discharge as fast. It sounds like your devices battery is discharging faster than it's recharging; you can change the polling of your battery. There is a registry hack for doing that, and if I am not mistaken, there is probably a cab floating around also. The registry mod is fairly simple and, painless. If you do all of that and you still have the same issue then maybe there is something truly wrong with your device. Can you change your device to say Touch Pro instead of Diamond? This way the information being exchanged doesn't get misconstrued. Are you using a stock or custom rom? That information will be very helpful also so, let me know so I can try to help ya.

thanks for offering to help... i have no idea how to change the radio on my touch pro but i am using the newest juggalo rom
Old 03-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

That's good! His rom is one of the best customs out there; I'm using is myself. Half the battle is already done then, you have a custom rom which means your device is unlocked. The post where you got his rom, there is also a section to get the newest radio as well. Many people are using the 1.100F radio, he already has the polling set in the registry. If you've used diamond tweaks, or any other type of program that modifies your system, I would recommend changing the settings back manually. I did, and haven't had any type of problems. Total commander is what I used, it's fairly easy, just as I previously mentioned. If you need exact instructions just holla!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

thanks for your help, i really appreciate it!! I will check the the juggalo thread and look for instructions on how to install that new radio!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fufu4real is a n00b

check the back of where yo battery goes u mightve bent the 3 coils puttin in your battery. i had this problem a week ago and thats wat turned up the coils were bent
Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fufu4real is a n00b

check the back of where yo battery goes u mightve bent the 3 coils puttin in your battery. i had this problem a week ago and thats wat turned up the coils were
bent

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro