PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does Sprint limit bandwidth?

I use my phone to listen to internet radio while at work every day and normally don't have problems. A few days ago I lost my home internet connection and have been using my phone with wmwifirouter as a temporary replacement. Ever since I started doing that I have been having problems with the internet cutting out (or just not working at all) when at work listening to internet radio. Then today I go to use wmwifirouter and it works fine for about 15 minutes then it changes to a local only connection and I can't get it to connect to the internet. Is it possible Sprint is throttling my bandwidth or could something be wrong with my phone? And yes I do have the "unlimited" data plan.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Does Sprint limit bandwidth?

Sounds liker settings on phone or phone itself, and not Sprint. More info on how your settings are and what version of Wifirouter , if it supports the temperature fix.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

As far as I know they don't control the bandwidth in any way. It might be your phone.

With that said... I would be careful about using ISC too much if you don't have tethering on your phone. Could come back to hunt you... And the rest of us, hehe...
Old 02-28-2009, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

no bandwidth cap on smart devices, just data cards

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sovrce is just getting started

It has been getting warmer. Maybe recent weather and the lack of a temperature-sensitive killswitch in WMWifi are the cause and not Sprint. To my knowledge, service providers aren't concerned about your handheld data usage unless you're using a ridiculous amount, 10GB+, every month. Some might even say 5GB, so just be careful when streaming anything, especially if it's high quality.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vouge and titan

robby37 is becoming a great contributor

i would do the ics hacks if you search my posts i just posted a mini guide on this with a link to a cab i found that does this for you just encase and i would use diamond tweak or advanced config to check your timeout if it exactly fifteen that may be it however if you have to reset your phone to make the local only go away its sprint and do the hacks and have no more worries with these phones they don't know the dif opera browses as a desktop and they give you a youtube app with the phone you think they really gonna notice streaming radio for all they know u using wmplayer on phone to stream and a audio cable to speakers your fine.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I find that sometimes I have to manually turn off the radio and turn it back on (airplane made) to get the net to start functioning on my phone again. Not sure what causes it, but just a suggestion.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vouge and titan

robby37 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
I find that sometimes I have to manually turn off the radio and turn it back on (airplane made) to get the net to start functioning on my phone again. Not sure what causes it, but just a suggestion.
try the cabs below before these hacks should work fine for everyone i also have man install files avail that jus need to be copied to the windows folder if anyone needs if anyone else still having problem tell me what rom your using and i will test it out and find a solution for you

sprint

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ing+fix&page=2

att
http://www.fuzemobility.com/how-to-s...-the-att-fuze/

verizon should be same as att

some believe these haelp hide tethering to
HKLM\Software\OEM\WMODEM
"add DWORD "CheckProfile"=0"
"set DWORD "Multi-NAI"=0"
"set DWORD "WModemDUN"=0"
i personally believe that these are not necessary anymore however they can't hurt the multi nai if anything is the only one that probably does anything useful.
this used to work on my mogul if anyone still having problems try
(delete) the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing] "Extension"="rilphone.dll" this will fix error 67 if that your prob

internet sharing install cab encase anyone needs i have heard vzw doesn't include if thats case simply install then run this shouldn't need any hacks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1228026795

and for the lazy run this cab to do the hacks works for me i do it just to not take chances if this doesnt work refer to instructions above
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13356&d=1219876832

and if this works give a thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro