PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 04:59 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
**RESOLVED** Backup HD People Tab

I would like to know how I can back up the HD People Tab so when I flash a new ROM I won't have to reconfigure that tab. I'm not interested in SPB Backup or any other back up, I'm just looking for a file or registry entry to be backed up and restored using SDCONFIG.TXT.
I have scoured the registry, haven't found anything. I did a before backup of the registry, made HD People changes, made an after backup of registry and compared the files, didn't find any differences.

Did a search of modified files on in \Windows and didn't find anything. Anyone have any ideas or know that file it is that holds this configuration? I'm thinking it's a Manila file. Oh yeah, I also searched the forums before posting.

Last edited by elephant007; 02-28-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: Backup HD People Tab

I second that request. I have everything scripted through UC so that when I flash my rom, I do not have to spend an hours getting my phone back to where I like it.

The only items I have not been able to figure out:
  • How to Get my Favorites back on the People tab
  • How to set up my Outlook signature
Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these two questions.

MM
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Backup HD People Tab

I figured it out
Unlike some forums that I read and someone finds a resolve and doesn't post how they resolved their problem, I will post mine

Simple, back up pim.vol from the \ directory, save it to your SD card and put the entry in your sdconfig.

save it to your \Storage Card\Files\pim.vol

sdconfig.txt
Code:
CPY1:\Storage Card\Files\pim.vol
CPY2:\pim.vol
I'm gonig to test to make sure it works

Mike, I'm still trying to see if I can figure out the signature thing too.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:48 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Re: **RESOLVED** Backup HD People Tab

I've tested my solution and it does work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:09 PM
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

You are the man!

Please let me know if there is anything you have been struggling with. I have quite a few of these type things worked out.

Mike
Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

harpum is a n00b

Thanks. I also posted a similar question before. But no one answer me.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:08 PM
VIP Duck

Not resolved. Copying the PIM.VOL file causes plenty of conflicts including TOM TOM and TOUCHFLO.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:52 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
Not resolved. Copying the PIM.VOL file causes plenty of conflicts including TOM TOM and TOUCHFLO.
You have to be selective as to when you import your PIM.VOL
This is when I copy over the backup.
After I have completely configured my device and have done a reset, then disable TouchFlo, copy over your PIM.VOL using Total Commander, do a reset, after it reboots, enable TouchFlo and you're good to go.

Because this resolve may/may not work for your specific situation doesn't mean that the raw part of backing up your People's tab doesn't work.

Try what I suggested and see if that helps you.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Thanks for the info

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro