PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up SPRINT Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24. Threading MMS works! (Updated 3-2-09)

Here is Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24. This version does threaded Picturemails!!!! Makes life more complete.

I made 2 versions.

1. "Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24.cab" is for installing on a clean rom that doesn't have picturemail. If you had arcsoft installed, uninstall it first. See update 3.

2. "Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24-pm.cab" is for the stock ROM, or someone that has installed Sprints Picturemail Cab. Don't think it works with ROMs that have Picturemail cooked in them.

After you install the cab, Soft Reset your phone.

The default is 512k sending limit, and 10 meg d/l limit. I removed the limit for editing the server setting. Now you can edit the sprint server, and change the limit there in the app without having to do any regedits. You can select 512k (For compatibility with other carriers), 1 meg, and 5 meg.

Notice: Sprints MMS servers have been slow lately. If it takes an hour or two for someone to get your MMS, it is on Sprints side, not Arcsoft.

So I used my settings from my Arcsoft MMS 5.0.69.44 cab, and I also added the nice icons from gadgetfreak (Here is the Thread). I even have it remove all the arcsoft settings before installing, because other arcsoft installers leave registry entrees behind when they uninstall. I would also like thank KillerQ. He inspired me to make the code that uninstalls Sprint Picturemail.

Update! Got it working now. It was semi-working before when I created this thread, but the date on all sent items was 10/26/40... Not good for threading. Figured it out after a while. The CDMA_API.dll was the problem. I ended up finding a different version with google that fixed The problem. I also added a script that adds X-Sprint-MDN to the registry with your phone number.

Update 2. I added a cab that unlocks all the Notification options.

Update 3.It seems that some people that have had previous versions of Arcsoft have been having some little problems. I added a cab that removes all the reg entries from previous versions. The previous version seems to leave some of its registry entrees behind that cause little glitches. So tiis cab removes all the registry entrees that 5.0.69.44 installs.

So here are the steps. Uninstall Arcsoft, soft reset, Run the Arcsoft reg removal cab, soft reset, install arcsoft, soft reset.

Update 4
Added a CAB that will change the Notifications to Arcsoft Original Blandness for people with non fancy icons

Update 5
Just Posted the Official Sprint Version of Arcsoft MMS here: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS

Last edited by jaminmc; 03-20-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added Stuff.
This post has been thanked 75 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24. Threading MMS works

Cool.... Screenshots??
Old 02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Re: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24. Threading MMS works --oops not working yet..

Yea, bugs it is.

Installed it and I tried sending myself something. It sent and unbenounced to me, I received it. I didn't get a notification sound(even tho I have MMS downloaded AND New MMS set to make sound).

Then, the next time I tried, when i tried to add a picture, it dumped me to Outlook instead of Arcsoft. Couldn't use Arcsoft anymore for sending.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i would like to see this version bug-free...threaded pics should be a nice addition!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
i would like to see this version bug-free...threaded pics should be a nice addition!
Give it a try now.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: SPRINT Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24. Threading MMS works! (Updated 3-2-09)

Ill be brave....

Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

when i go to insert a picture it only shows videos....
Old 03-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Might this work on other phones, like the Q9c?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:15 AM
The Hibster

My bad, if you uninstall the last one, soft reset after install
Old 03-02-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
when i go to insert a picture it only shows videos....
Shure you didn't accidentally select "Insert Video"?? Just tried it on my phone. "Insert Video" only shows Video's, and "Insert Picture" only shows pictures on my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro