PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pure
Carrier: AT&T

frostalker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re-routing PTT button

Can you re-map the ptt button on fuze to turn on the flash light? If not i'd just like to re-map it to do something.. anything besides turn on ptt. Is there a good guide? or a cab i can install to help? Thanks
Old 02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Re-routing PTT button

Its not the easiest thing in the world to do, but its not too difficult, just a PITA.

What you want to do is copy any shortcut (from your /Windows/Start Menu) to the /Windows directory, then rename it to:

short_PTT.lnk
long_PTT.lnk

You can use one or both. One is for a short press and the other is a long press.

For example, I copied over my Comm Manager shortcut and Camera shortcut, then renamed one to short_PTT.lnk and the other long_PTT.lnk.

Soft reset and you should be good to go.

If you ever want to change it, just copy over a differen't shortcut, delete the old one, and rename the new one to one of those two values.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:58 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That would be the best way to do it but if your not to comfortable doing that you can also try a App called AE button plus.
I use it on my Sprint 6850(TPro) to make a Start-Windows key/OK-close button and also I change one of the buttons to work both softkeys from my keyboard.

AE Button Plus

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-27-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frostalker is a n00b

ok thanks alot, i'll play around with it, i think it would be awesome to have it turn on the flashlight
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frostalker is a n00b

I tried the copy and rename, i could not get it to work. Can you go to a more specific detail with that? It seems simple enough but I could not get it to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro