PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

areonic1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New, but looking for a few things...

First off, Im sorry if some of them are dumb, and if some are warez or illegal, please tell me Cause I dont know. Also, I tried doing some searching myself, but because Im on dialup right now, its very hard to do. So please dont get mad.

Im new to this phone, I had a normal touch prior to this, and just got the pro today. So I had a few questions of possibility, how to do, and wheres...

1)piece of tape on the right side, attached to front piece side, folds under, between screen and keyboard....take it off, or serve as a purpose?

2)Can you make it make sounds where you slide open/close the keyboard?

3)Is there anyway, beause the area im in right now, with no signal for data, can i connect my phone through one of my PC/laptops, which use dial up as a data connection?

4)Can you make the phone sounds/rigers everything alot louder? I tried one thing, but when I installed it, reset the phone, it didnt do anything or make a difference in the sounds.

Well crap, thats all I can think of now, I had so many more,lol.

Anyways, any help would be so greaty appreciated, Thank you in advance

Shawn
Old 02-27-2009, 01:31 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: New, but looking for a few things...

you should really read the essentials thread.

and that piece of tape is for shipping purposes.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:34 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

all questions are yes. none are warez. if the tape is black, mines removed and no cops showed up and phone works. all other answers are here, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-27-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was wondering about that black tape also when I got mine..But I took it off and all was good. Also take a look in this thread to start off..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730
Old 02-27-2009, 01:37 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

my tape's been clear for my 3 touch pro's... haven't gotten a new one in a while, but this one's screen started flickering, and the volume buttons seem to be pushing inward and not clicking anymore... oh, and the home key is pretty much just flopping around. so maybe i will be getting a new one.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:38 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
I was wondering about that black tape also when I got mine..But I took it off and all was good. Also take a look in this thread to start off..
ha ha, i win. essentials thread saved my but a few times.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro / HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

iNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
1)piece of tape on the right side, attached to front piece side, folds under, between screen and keyboard....take it off, or serve as a purpose?
I left mine on, but thats only because I didn't realize it was there until now. Haha.

Quote:
2)Can you make it make sounds where you slide open/close the keyboard?
Check this out:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nueSlidingKB.aspx
I believe its also included with Juicy's current custom ROM.

Quote:
3)Is there anyway, beause the area im in right now, with no signal for data, can i connect my phone through one of my PC/laptops, which use dial up as a data connection?
I think if you connect you're phone to the computer using ActiveSync, it'll share the internet connection. I'm not sure. I usually do the opposite: using the internet on my laptop using my phones connection.

Quote:
4)Can you make the phone sounds/rigers everything alot louder? I tried one thing, but when I installed it, reset the phone, it didnt do anything or make a difference in the sounds.
Install the tweaked AudioPara. It's located here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41385
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

magoo66 is becoming a great contributor

Check the essentials thread, all your answers and more:

(ok, I thought I was being funny by posting this after 300 other people did, but it's really late, and I'm tired, and I have a feeling it's not funny. Oh well... just laugh, ok? good.)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:47 AM
acs tester

essentials link is well covered with two other posts. aaa, one more cant hurt.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just looked into this thread & thought of recommending the Essentials Thread but I see that's already covered.

Good work guys!

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro