PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pjtwist2002
Re: Touch Pro Backup Applications/Software

i would have to throw my vote down for htc data backup its the best!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Lurker

jbr6700 is a n00b

I use Sprite on this end and it works fairly well. I have done a couple of restores after mucking something up hacking the phone. You also should be able to load Sprite on a new device as long as it's the same platform. I am currently on Touch Pro number 3 and have used the same authorization number each time I loaded it on the device. The one complaint I do have is when you try to upgrade the software to a newer version the un-install has always failed on my end. I contacted Sprite on this and they supplied a utility to remove the older version as well as a newer version than was posted on their site at the time as well. Kudos to their support for quick response and ability to take care of the problem on this end. The ability to schedule a regular backup as well as backing up to your desktop is a plus in my book.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ruben1221 is a n00b

How do I get skyfire as a default browser or just to use it as an extra internet browser for the htc touch pro? Note* I am using stock sprint rom. Did not flash my phone. Also the Opera browser is 9.5 that we r using, correct? or how can u tell what version u r using?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ruben1221 is a n00b

never mind I installed the skyfire. 0.9beta.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

SPB always worked well for me, but especially under 6.5, it's now almost a disaster.

The only reason I stuck to it was that out of the various apps I had tried, it's the only one that when restoring my contacts wouldn't create duplicates of everything when I then synced it to my Exchange server. I like to do this because the Exchange server doesn't sync information like custom ringtones, making it a real pain to reset those manually each time I flash. With the last alternative I tried (either PIM or Sprite) after I connected to Exchange I ended up with duplicate contacts and calendar entries, which was a real pain to clean up.

Can anyone confirm what will backup all PIM data, documents folder, FAVORITES, call history, etc. (but allow me to NOT backup text messages), but won't create duplicates when I sync with Exchange?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I started with Sprite back in the day & from there went to SPB & now I'm back and staying with Sprite. This software is simply awesome IMO.. I always get a flawless restore even when merging ROMS (NOT RECOMMENDED) I haven't come across with anything serious. And now there is My Phone PIM backup..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Flexplorer is just getting started

I need help please. I'm using sprite on my tp. I have done a restore when i hard reset it, it was stock rom, worked fine, so now i changed to merdin's rom (my first time messing with rom on a tp) love the rom, but sprite won't communicate with the phone now. active sync works fine. but I can't figure out how restore. any help please?
Old 05-17-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Flexplorer is just getting started

=D>works now. don't know what i was doing wrong, but i tried again & it works now. thanks to all of you sharing info to make it possible for guys like me to get the cool stuff.=D>
Old 05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Maybe i missed it, but im gonna go ahead and ask. I have my TP setup exactly how i like it, lots of customization and tweaks involved, on mighty reborn. my question is, is there a backup solution to just backup everything? im talking like, rom and all, just image the entire disk. what i wanna be able to do is backup my phone, download other roms to play with (for example, mighty 5), load the new rom and play with it, then if i dont wanna keep it, i can just restore the disk image the i took of my day to day setup and be right back where i was to begin with. am i asking for too much or am i just too dumb to find it?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sprite Backup will backup everthing.. give it a try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro