PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, HTC EVO, HTC HERO,
Carrier: sprint

protomind is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Getting strange blank screen, resetting sometimes fixes it.

I am using a cooked rom, and after a couple of days I started getting a blank screen, you could tell the backlight was on, so the screen is getting power, the color happens to be black, so at first it seemed like it wasnt coming on at all.

The rom I was using when this happened was the one rstoyguy made, I am not sure if it related to his rom or not, so I flashed to the silence rom and I always had the blank screen through the whole flashing process. Upon reboot I had the same blank screen, doing a few soft resets seemed to fix it, but the problem is intermitent. Not sure how to proceed. BTW I am using the telus radio. I am thinking of going back to stock and hard resetting then starting over what do you think?
Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Getting strange blank screen, resetting sometimes fixes it.

trial and error my friend if you think it might be the radio change back to the latest TP one and see how that works then go back to the Telus radio and see if the problem cmes back. would also help people on here in the future if that iws the problem. good luck
Old 02-25-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

protomind is a n00b

I have already been playing around with it for a while. I was hoping for relevant input though, and trying to see if someone else had this specific problem so that through my/our trial and error, I/we could possibly isolate the problem. I am currently back to all stock with a hard reset. Maybe it was the rstoyguy rom or maybe not.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:59 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Hmm... I hadn't heard of that before. I would re-flash to see if that fixes it. Other than that it could be a hardware issue, a conflict with something that was installed, or low memory. It is fully loaded ya know...

Old 02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

protomind is a n00b

It could be a hardware issue, so I am going to return it to the sprint store.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

even if you hard reset and flashed the stock Rom back the Telus radio will stay you have to do that seperatly. if your still having the problem .... it might be the Radio. i hope thats relevant!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

protomind is a n00b

I returned it to stock and had the same problems, so I returned it to sprint. Lets hope this one has less problems.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro

djmadclass is a n00b

i have a stock tp and that has happen to me. not a lot or all the time but once in a while. i just keep hitting the power button about two to three time and then it goes away.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5

I've had that happen to me every once in a while using different roms including stock. I just soft reset and it seems to fix it for a while. I don't think it's rstoyguy's rom. The only thing I've had in common with all of the roms that this happened was the Telus radio. Small price to pay for the benefits. I hope you can find a solution.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

isangmahal is a n00b

I have this same problem, but on dream_phyre's latest rom. I originally had this on stock as well, but since I'm out of my thirty days, I'm not sure on what to do. Besides mine going all black, mine also goes either all red or all green which fades back to black. I uninstalled PocketShield to make sure it wasn't the software and the problem still remains. Will flash back to stock, but I recall having the same problem under stock rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro