PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rgt77lobo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everythin

Hey there,

I actually read the entire thread by NOIR (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663) - every single post (obsessively actually) - and everything worked perfectly expect the data. I read through everything more, searched MASSIVELY, found other threads and other threads in this forum - even got a DNU reset while on the phone with Verizon, retried everything multiple times - and no matter what, I could not get AAA and HA keys side of things to work properly (even though they were always blank anyway).

Then, I spent hours trying to get those keys off my Samsung SCH-i760 - this brought me to whole new group of searches and threads - but no matter how I try, I can't get them. Someone above had a reason for this.

So unfortunately, NOIR's thread didn't work for me.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everythin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgt77lobo View Post
Hey there,

I actually read the entire thread by NOIR (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663) - every single post (obsessively actually) - and everything worked perfectly expect the data. I read through everything more, searched MASSIVELY, found other threads and other threads in this forum - even got a DNU reset while on the phone with Verizon, retried everything multiple times - and no matter what, I could not get AAA and HA keys side of things to work properly (even though they were always blank anyway).

Then, I spent hours trying to get those keys off my Samsung SCH-i760 - this brought me to whole new group of searches and threads - but no matter how I try, I can't get them. Someone above had a reason for this.

So unfortunately, NOIR's thread didn't work for me.

Thanks!
I've been through this myself (as you know if you read that whole thread)

PM me, I am at work & don't have time to help until later.

We'll get it working somehow.

~John
Old 02-24-2009, 05:09 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

By the way, I converted 3 Sprint TP's last week to VZ service for Sprint employees that use VZ service on their own personal phones & didn't realize it was possible to do this............

~John
Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

Yikes! I have a Samsung i760 also and am just waiting for my delivery of a Sprint Touch Pro that I got off Ebay. Am I going to have the same problem as rgt77lobo?

thanks,

Mike
Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

maybe use samsung pst or uni pst with the dll for your phone to pull of the ha keys.. might work
Old 02-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

i never really understood these type of posts... why not buy a vz phone if u want vz service?
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"

Last edited by crazychef; 02-25-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
i never really understood these type of posts... why not buy a vz phone if u want vz service?
The VZ version of the TouchPro is a memory crippled POS (& it's ugly)

By using the Sprint hardware on VZ service, you get the best of both worlds.

~John
Old 02-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
The VZ version of the TouchPro is a memory crippled POS (& it's ugly)

By using the Sprint hardware on VZ service, you get the best of both worlds.

~John
gotcha.. its like 188 instead of 288 right?? thats jankie, i wonder why.. least its not 64 LOL
Old 02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
gotcha.. its like 188 instead of 288 right?? thats jankie, i wonder why..
I'm not sure what Verizon does this for, but they always do it.

I think they must have a deal with HTC where they buy the crippled stuff for like 1/2 price or something.

The VZ version does seem like it would have adequate RAM because it's WAY more than we ever had with the Titan/Mogul's but it really does make a noticeable difference.

A guy I work with bought the VZ version & ended up returning it two weeks later & buying the Sprint version from ebay (I converted it to VZ for him). We compared my Sprint phone (running one of scrosler's ROM's) side by side with the VZ version after flashing that one to the same ROM.

What would happen was, both phones would start out running virtually the same. As the day wore on however the VZ POS would get slower & slower until it needed a soft reset. My Sprint version would go weeks at a time without a reset if I wanted it to.

~John
Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 AM
VIP Member

By the way, VZ must realize what the lack of memory does -when you buy the VZ version, TF3D is installed in the phone but it's not even running by default........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro