View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please help - will HAPPILY pay/donate - Sprint Touch Pro to VZW - tried everythin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
gotcha.. its like 188 instead of 288 right?? thats jankie, i wonder why..
I'm not sure what Verizon does this for, but they always do it.

I think they must have a deal with HTC where they buy the crippled stuff for like 1/2 price or something.

The VZ version does seem like it would have adequate RAM because it's WAY more than we ever had with the Titan/Mogul's but it really does make a noticeable difference.

A guy I work with bought the VZ version & ended up returning it two weeks later & buying the Sprint version from ebay (I converted it to VZ for him). We compared my Sprint phone (running one of scrosler's ROM's) side by side with the VZ version after flashing that one to the same ROM.

What would happen was, both phones would start out running virtually the same. As the day wore on however the VZ POS would get slower & slower until it needed a soft reset. My Sprint version would go weeks at a time without a reset if I wanted it to.

~John