PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 02:21 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Official Keyboard Lag Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanny View Post
Go to start settings then input, here you will go to word completion and uncheck the box it says "Suggest words when entering text".

I hope this helps.
That would be in the third row, correct? The third row that's missing in Calkulin's newest rom? I think I've seen it missing in Juicy's rom as well.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:55 AM
Android Convert

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well this helped me get rid of text suggestion and it improved speed as well. Not sure if that's b/c of the program or b/c it disabled word suggestion. Thanks to iconeo. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=24
Old 05-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Android Convert

Umm, but now I can't close msging. So maybe dont install it. original thread and now i see others have the same problem. :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425646
Old 05-19-2009, 11:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

iconeo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Umm, but now I can't close msging. So maybe dont install it. original thread and now i see others have the same problem. :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425646
I'm running a custom 6.5 rom on the 21501 build and I used to have lag. I found a solution while trying to troubleshoot my GBA emulator.

I too, at first, believed that is was the display that was lagging the input of text. However, delving further into it I have found that it is how winmo interprets key codes coming from hardware keyboard.

Winmo hardware keyboards typically come with a modified msim*.dll which tends to be labeled something like msim*.dll where * is some identifier with digits. The reg code that points to the file is:

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\(the default value)]

Changing this to point to msim*.dll without any digits in it (which should still be on your phone even though it isn't being used) will change the hardware key codes back to normal.

!!! THIS WILL BREAK T9 or any advanced correction features !!!
This is most likely why turning off t9 lends to faster text input, but not as fast as this fix.

Props to dilta over at xda for the utility!

note: this hasn't been tested on foreign roms, use with caution. this is stilla work in progress. While I haven't had ANY problems with it, others have reported problems.

The CAB installs to your game directory as it was made to fix a problem with games. It is toggle-able and must be turned on and off, useful for those of us who need that functionality.
Attached Files
File Type: cab KforTouchPro_v1.0.0.3.CAB (85.0 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Android Convert

The problem with me was that the word suggestion and lag were gone when i switched the settings in the game menu. However, i couldn't cancel a text message or exit the program. When I switched back to the other settings, functionality returned but so did the keyboard lag.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

motocrossyz85 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Disabling xt9 completely got rid of the lag for me, but like I said, it messes with the compact qwerty so if you use it, this tweak is not for you. I have attached 2 cabs, one that disables it and one that enables it back in case you need it (Don't think an uninstall will revert it back)

This also brings back the good old word suggestion from windows instead of that annoying black bar. Enjoy!
THIS HELPED ME OUT ALOT!!!! ITS NOT NEARLY AS LAGGY ANY MORE!!! THANKS!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:05 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

so i did the first tweaks in the registry (change one setting from 0 to 2 and 125 (or 375?) to 80 and it made my wooooooooooooods go really slow. that was not the solution and now debating on seeing if i want to try the t9 cab. anybody tried it?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
Jesus people. Its not windows mobile. Its the HTC keyboard driver for the touch pro called XT9 It also supports the onscreen keyboard. The thing is my Phone has **** tons of lag on the keyboard. Tried all the top win-mo roms and such. On my old XV6800 there is NO lag. I remember I dumped my XV6800 back into the box and I just re-opened it to see if Scott is right about the Win Mo thing. He's wrong, the xv6800 instantaneously types a letter. Try it yourself scott if you still have your XV6800 lying around.
I agree with you...maybe the HTC HERALD or T-MOBILE WING isn't a top-notch phone but it certainly has no KB lag at all. It actually feels alot smoother texting than my TP!!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F

Mattheyu is keeping up the good workMattheyu is keeping up the good work

If you're running a CDMA device, there's a new 6.1 ROM released by dcd, who was my favored diety when I had a Titan. I can confirm no keyboard lag. You can find the thread, started by t0mmyr, here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69754

Direct link to the ROM download location here: http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=hermann/

And if you have a carrier other than Sprint, try downloading one of the carrier cabs from the Titan to force the data connection to work: http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?...%2Fcarriers%2F

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro