PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kdps105 is keeping up the good workkdps105 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Having Issues with .Net Compact Framework

Ok First off I have been gone from the forum for about 6 months and was carrying a Blackberry Curve (I know I know don't flame me), but i am back with a new Touch Pro and I love it. Now my problem: I have a couple of different programs that require .Net Compact Framework 3.5 and every time I run them I get the usual error. I have downloaded .Net Compact Framework 3.5 and tried to install it on my pro. I then get this message that 3.5 already exists on my device and it wont install. I am pretty good at figuring out my own problems but I have no idea on this any help is greatly appreciated
Old 02-23-2009, 08:23 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Having Issues with .Net Compact Framework

Do you have a custom ROM or is it OEM?
Many custom ROMs have it built in, and if you try to install it then it may give you errors.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

F.Y.I, most custom roms have 3.5 cooked in already. You may be having a problem launching a program (like i did) and it says you need a version of .net cf to run the program, so you think you need to install it right? If this is the case try deleting the program folder off your sd card(go to storage card/program files/and whatever program your having a problem running and delete the folder for that program and try re-installing the program. Worked for me. In my case I had the stock sprint rom before installing K.K s rom, when i tried to run W.V.D it said a need a version of .net cf to run the program, so since I didnt start installing all my cabs, I just deleted the old programs files stores on my sd card. Not sure If this is the case for you, but just a thought.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the responses it is a stock rom and i will try the deleting program files. I'll report back a little later
Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok I went to storage card/program files and there is no folders in there for the programs i am having problems with the programs are the Saturn Liberty Desktop and Pocket Shield. I tried to find the .net cf 3.5 in the windows rom folder to delete it and couldnt find it. So now I am back at square 1 and i am trying to avoid a hard reset.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

Try using this - it is Microsoft's dotnet configuration tool. It will let you verify which version(s) of dotnet CF you have installed. If the tool says everything is installed ok - maybe what you are trying to run needs a particular version. You can set which version of dotnet to use for a specific application on the 'Application Policy' tab. On the 'Device Policy' tab, you can set which version of dotnet to use by default (for apps not specified on the App tab).

This originally came from a MS 'power toys' pack. Someone had given me a cab of it, but the cab included other things - so I extracted the file and made a new cab. This is the first cab I've ever created (crash course in the last hour or so), but I did test it by installing it on my own phone. (and uninstalled it and re-installed it to be sure).

The cab will only:
Copy netcfcfg.exe to your \Windows directory
Create a shortcut to it in \Start Menu\Programs

Let me know if you have any problems with the cab. I don't know if it will solve your problem, but at least maybe you can tell what WM thinks is installed.
Attached Files
File Type: cab netcfcfg.cab (24.4 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks to everyone who responded I finally got it. Speck i already had net config on my device and it said i had 3.5 but i still had the problems. So i found the program files werent on my card they were in the phone memory so i deleted both i was having problems with and installed the netconfig cab speck posted letting it replace the one i already had. then when i ran it, it said i only had version 2. something so i installed 3.5 with no problems and reinstalled the two programs and they are working Thanks alot guys very appreciative

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro