PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
the most bizarre GPS problem

Ok so today I was dropping my fiancee at the airport and REALLY needed my GPS to work, here is the senario. We left early mourning and I programmed the location into Telenav (this version because I have jungalo rom and there was no telenav by default). Telenav worked fine the night before getting us to were we spent the night but this mourning it had us take a "right turn" off a bridge lol, once we picked the supposed right route it litterly freaked out, after stopping it acted like we were still moving when we were not. When I played around with it to get it to reset the route the phone soft resets. This happend every time i use Telenav, so i tried google maps. Which works fine but the instant I hit, use gps, it soft resets (sometime right away, sometimes it works for 10 secs then resets). Talk about a time when I really needed it the most, it failed, what is the problem here?

Last edited by gianthobbit; 02-26-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: the most bizarre GPS problem

Sounds like you need a new phone. Could be an issue with the GPS chip or a specific piece of memory that's allocated for GPS usage that could be corrupted or something. Definitely sounds like something hardware related though if it's soft resetting every time GPS is initialized.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

just left the battery out and ran another test, I when to Google Maps, use GPS, get my location, type in search, type get directions, soft reset instantly. What on earth would cause this?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

veetvoojagig is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to veetvoojagig

GPS Chip has gone over to the dark side.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

great, i just got this phone 2 months ago, ive flashed the rom (dont know how to go back to sprint) and dyed the back cover... is there anyway to know for sure?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

viceaction is a n00b

I am having a very similar problem....

It just began yesterday. I have flashed SSK 1.5 to my VZW TP and all has been fine until yesterday I went to use Tom Tom 7 and it cannot find my GPS receiver. So I tried plain old Google Maps and it was having a harder then usual time finding a satellite. When it finally found one it soft reset, and this has been sporadically happening. When it is able to find my location in Google Maps it will not update even though it says I am fixed to 7 satellites...

I am at a total loss, having GP not working after a week of perfection is a real downer but having the phone resetting is not really acceptable. What kind of problem solving can I (we) do.

Did not mean to high-jack your thread, seems like we have a similar problem.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

no, i am some what relieved someone else is having a similar issue so that we can troubleshoot this, have you installed any new GPS software? Both google maps and especially Telenav are new, going to try to uninstall and reinstall later tonight, if that does not work what should I do? Should I reflash it?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6850

digitalonellc is becoming a great contributor

I am also having this problem, since I flashed to Juicy rom, then to SSK B2B Rom and now flashing to KK to see if problem persists.

Mine also soft resets, and gps is not avail anymore

It may just be my paranoia, but I would say its that massive usage of government tracking that is causing weird battery / heat / gps issues.

Think about it, if you have problems after you flash, maybe the sub rom cannot communicate with the hardware layer due to different drivers in the real rom.

I dont think that is far fetched, or loony but thats just me, and my knowledge of our government makes me know differently than most.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6850

digitalonellc is becoming a great contributor

Flashing to KK's fixed it.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

should i try a different ROM then or what? No GPS really, really sucks please help!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro