PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Question on Refurb Phones?

he should get a new one, id say take it back and tell them you are within your 30 days yet if the build date on the old one was 1-16, so tell em you paid for a new phone, you want a new one not a refurb, or youll walk.

Dave

Old 02-18-2009, 10:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kphillips is a n00b

I mailed the refurb. phone back and I am waiting on a new one. I am starting to think that maybe i sould keep the old phone and jsut deal with it.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just because a phone is refurbished doesn't mean it is of lesser quality. I've had several refurbs that work flawlessly. It's a bit ironic that people complain about receiving a refurbished phone because they don't think it will be as good as a new one, but they are getting the refurb because a brand new one is screwed up.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Just because a phone is refurbished doesn't mean it is of lesser quality. I've had several refurbs that work flawlessly. It's a bit ironic that people complain about receiving a refurbished phone because they don't think it will be as good as a new one, but they are getting the refurb because a brand new one is screwed up.
not arguing but sometimes that's not the case. when i got my refurb and had to threaten to cancel because of it, sprint sent a new one out. the screen on the new one is off-white but the screen on the refurb was pale yellow. i felt like you at first thinking " hey it was done right by htc so it might not be that bad". funny thing is, it's a touch screen phone that you couldn't touch without the pixels on the screen scrambling. what's even crazier is they only sent 1 return kit for my old phone but no kit for the refurb.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kphillips is a n00b

I am not complaining about a refurb. phone. I jsut want a phone that should work. the erfurb. kept defaulting to another phone number. I spent over 3 hours on the line with Sprint trying to get the phone to keep my number programmed in it. I fell as though if I spend a lot of money on a phone, then I should get a replacement that works if the original do not work.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:05 PM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I see where you're coming from, since you got a bad refurb, but I'm just saying that all in all, it's not the end of the world getting a refurb. If you get one and there is not anything wrong with it, then there is no need to insist on getting a brand new one. If it is not working as it should, then by all means try and get it replaced. My pro was replaced with another brand new one and it had the exact problems you're describing with the pixels. I then got another new one in exchange for that one, and that one is a newer build with the crappy yellow screen. Why'd you have to go bring up the yellow screen? I had almost forgot how great the older screens look...
Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I am not complaining about a refurb. phone. I jsut want a phone that should work. the erfurb. kept defaulting to another phone number. I spent over 3 hours on the line with Sprint trying to get the phone to keep my number programmed in it. I fell as though if I spend a lot of money on a phone, then I should get a replacement that works if the original do not work.
I'm pretty sure that the phone defaulting to the old number is something to do on Sprint's end, not your phone. I've seen similar behaviors in the past and it has either been resolved by them reprovisioning my account or me doing a ##RTN.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
I see where you're coming from, since you got a bad refurb, but I'm just saying that all in all, it's not the end of the world getting a refurb. If you get one and there is not anything wrong with it, then there is no need to insist on getting a brand new one. If it is not working as it should, then by all means try and get it replaced. My pro was replaced with another brand new one and it had the exact problems you're describing with the pixels. I then got another new one in exchange for that one, and that one is a newer build with the crappy yellow screen. Why'd you have to go bring up the yellow screen? I had almost forgot how great the older screens look...
yeah, i never paid the screen attention but so many people were talking about and i finally saw what they meant. i would have kept it if not for the screen acting up but you are right. those 1st edition pros did have some bright white screens, didn't they? ah, the good ol" days...
Old 02-18-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member

Yeah...i was having some flashbacks for a few minutes, with that old 80's song by Cinderella playing in my head...Don't Know what you got, til it's gone...
Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
My issue was his phone is in the 30 day trial, if they want to give a refurb for a trial time phone, give the guy a deal then,

after the 30 day trial I say yeah refurb is fine

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro