PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 AM
AYSIANA's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 150
Reputation: 125
AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

I just had my TP swapped out for a new one and I dunno wth is going on but this thing will not let me call phone numbers that are not already saved in my contacts and I cant figure out why, or how to fix this!! When I type in the # I want to call, I can see my phone tryong to match in up with a contact in my list, if it doesnt find a match - just below where I have typed the number - there will be a box that says "No Matches: 1234567 - and then below that box it will say "Save to contacts?" highlighted in gray. If I try to push the talk key (hardkey) to call the number, it wont do ANYTHING!! The only way for me to be able to push the talk key and get my phone to actually call the number is if I first save it into my contacts list and this is getting EXTREMELY ANNOYING!! Especially when I know its a number that I only need to call once, and I need to hurry up and call it and dont have time to go through saving it first. My lower left softkey on the screen says "Contacts" instead of "Call"...I could be wrong but I couldve swore it said "Call" at some point in the past. I wish it was there cuz I figure maybe since the talk hardkey wont work...maybe the softkey would. I also thought there was a green Talk/Call key & red End key on the keypad screen at one point but now I cant find those either!! Im begining to think Im going crazy or something, please, please, please, help if you can!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 12:21 AM
JAVIERBOND007's Avatar
VIP PATROL
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,342
Reputation: 1705
JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Has been doing that since you got it or just started doing it?
__________________
Don't forget to click on thebutton if i've help you out.

Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 12:27 AM
cannibalslug's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: California
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 70
Reputation: 45
cannibalslug is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

I just had my TP swapped out for a new one and I dunno wth is going on but this thing will not let me call phone numbers that are not already saved in my contacts and I cant figure out why, or how to fix this!! When I type in the # I want to call, I can see my phone tryong to match in up with a contact in my list, if it doesnt find a match - just below where I have typed the number - there will be a box that says "No Matches: 1234567 - and then below that box it will say "Save to contacts?" highlighted in gray. If I try to push the talk key (hardkey) to call the number, it wont do ANYTHING!! The only way for me to be able to push the talk key and get my phone to actually call the number is if I first save it into my contacts list and this is getting EXTREMELY ANNOYING!! Especially when I know its a number that I only need to call once, and I need to hurry up and call it and dont have time to go through saving it first. My lower left softkey on the screen says "Contacts" instead of "Call"...I could be wrong but I couldve swore it said "Call" at some point in the past. I wish it was there cuz I figure maybe since the talk hardkey wont work...maybe the softkey would. I also thought there was a green Talk/Call key & red End key on the keypad screen at one point but now I cant find those either!! Im begining to think Im going crazy or something, please, please, please, help if you can!
The softkey definitely always said contacts. Does your hard key doing anything (i.e. if you're in tf3d does it send you to the phone? or activate voice dialing)?

in the meantime you can use your center key in the d-pad to initiate calls, you might have a hardware problem

Last edited by cannibalslug; 02-17-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Mugen678's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Location: TN
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Reputation: 5
Mugen678 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

i noticed on my mogul that you could filter the contacts maybe its on saved contacts and not all. doesnt make sense that you couldnt make a call though.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 10:59 AM
AYSIANA's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 150
Reputation: 125
AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalslug View Post
The softkey definitely always said contacts. Does your hard key doing anything (i.e. if you're in tf3d does it send you to the phone? or activate voice dialing)?

in the meantime you can use your center key in the d-pad to initiate calls, you might have a hardware problem
If Im in the tf3d home tab and press the talk hardware key, it puts me over to the programs tab of tf3d, and if Im in any other tab of the tf3d and press the talk hardware key, it puts me over to the next tab to the left of the one I was at when I pushed it!!

I just pulled up the phone dialpad and dialed a number to try and see if the center d-pad would work, as you mentioned, to make a call go through - and it doesnt either! (Even though it didn't work, THANK YOU SO MUCH, for telling me something that might have - or should have - worked!)

This is insane!!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 11:10 AM
AYSIANA's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 150
Reputation: 125
AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 View Post
Has been doing that since you got it or just started doing it?

Im not exactely sure on that one because I havent had the new Pro for very long yet, I just got it swapped out on 2-6-09, and I dont usually make too many calls to numbers that arent saved in my contacts so Im not sure if it was like this from day 1 or just came about since I prob only recently (within the last few days) tried to call numbers that werent saved in my contacts.

Im just confused. I hate to go back to the Sprint store again and get another swap out but I cant see what could be wrong. I dont have alot of progs and/or tweaks installed so I know thats not the prob.

The way that Im able to make calls to my contacts is to select the entry from the list and then choose to call from the list that pops up, OR I can dial by using the people tab in tfl3d or tapping the picture dial icons in Spb Phone Suite when I dont have tfl3d running.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 AM
AYSIANA's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 150
Reputation: 125
AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen678 View Post
i noticed on my mogul that you could filter the contacts maybe its on saved contacts and not all. doesnt make sense that you couldnt make a call though.

Right and just to be sure, I just tried to change the filter settings and it made no difference to wether I could make a call or not.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
cannibalslug's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: California
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 70
Reputation: 45
cannibalslug is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Is there a way you can take a screenshot of your phone screen or describe any and all symbols that are on it?

Also are you able to slide the phone open and use the enter key to dial the number? I completely missed that you were using a touch pro.

Last edited by cannibalslug; 02-17-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
AYSIANA's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
Location: Milwaukee, WI
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 150
Reputation: 125
AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalslug View Post
Is there a way you can take a screenshot of your phone screen or describe any and all symbols that are on it?

Also are you able to slide the phone open and use the enter key to dial the number? I completely missed that you were using a touch pro.
I dont have any software installed to do a screenshot. The screen basically looked normal...it was just that the when I pressed the talk key (hardkey, not softkey/onscreen) it wouldnt actually send the call through. I wasnt aware that I could slide the keyboard out and press enter to dial so I never tried it. Thank you for making me aware that I can do that in the future if I need to

I ended up going to the Sprint store shortly after my last post, and Im embarrrased to admit this, but here goes!!

First though; THANK YOU to all who stopped to read and replied to try and help me figure out what was going on

Ok now...to describe what an idiot I am!! Ok, Ive had a TP since the day it came out. Shortly before that day, I quit wearing the long acrylic nails that I have worn non-stop for the previous 13yrs. I havent had any nails on at all from the day I got my first TP....up until a few days after I recently got my new TP due to a swap out. So long story short, I went into the Sprint store today and I felt like a total jackass when the tech informed me that there was nothing whatsoever wrong with my phone and it was working just fine for him to call any number whether saved in my contacts or not. He also informed me that the talk key (hardkey, not softkey/onscreen) simply wasnt working for me because I was using my fingernail to push the button!!

God I feel like a complete moron!! So sorry!! Thank you all again!!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
cannibalslug's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: California
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 70
Reputation: 45
cannibalslug is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug
Re: Please HELP!! I Can only call previously saved contacts, WHY?

LOL i work for sprint and i get the all the time, good for you though.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com