PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BigC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disappearing Contacts

Hi, I'm trying to figure out why my contacts are disappearing. I thought it could have been an Outlook issue but it seems to be something else.

So I tried a hard reset and didn't sync with my pc to see if anything changed. But even the preinstalled contacts are dissapearing.

only solution so far is to soft reset and the contacts will come back for a little while. But It sucks to have to soft reset everytime I wan't to look for a number or even send a text message

Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Disappearing Contacts

Try another hard reset and syncing to outlook. Maybe outlook is somehow corrupting your contacts list.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC View Post
Hi, I'm trying to figure out why my contacts are disappearing. I thought it could have been an Outlook issue but it seems to be something else.

So I tried a hard reset and didn't sync with my pc to see if anything changed. But even the preinstalled contacts are dissapearing.

only solution so far is to soft reset and the contacts will come back for a little while. But It sucks to have to soft reset everytime I wan't to look for a number or even send a text message

Thanks

I read this forum alot, that ones a new one to me. I have no ideas sorry, but if you figure it out, post for future reference.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Try another hard reset and syncing to outlook. Maybe outlook is somehow corrupting your contacts list.

Tried It And Same Thing Is Happening.

Can't Figure Out Whats Causing This To Save My Life
Old 01-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

How many contacts do you have? I've had similar (although not exactly the same) issues with contacts and outlook in the past, including annoying duplicates...if it wouldn't be too time consuming, try creating a new profile in your XP or Vista desktop/laptop, create a new contact list there, and try syncing again after a hard reset...if you are still having an issue, the culprit is unlikely to be Outlook, though I suspect in this case it is.... good luck...
Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

bigC, what was done before you noticed this happening? did u sync then poof??? install something then poof, what?? like already said, weird..but we cud probably figure it out
Old 01-08-2009, 02:21 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

definitely a er.. kinda sounds like their stored on the mem card and sometimes it doesn't respond fast enough... not sure.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
bigC, what was done before you noticed this happening? did u sync then poof??? install something then poof, what?? like already said, weird..but we cud probably figure it out
Last time it happened I never even synced my contacts It was just the preset sprint contacts. I noticed if I go into task manager and close the program that the contacts will disappear. Have not really done any other testing yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
How many contacts do you have? I've had similar (although not exactly the same) issues with contacts and outlook in the past, including annoying duplicates...if it wouldn't be too time consuming, try creating a new profile in your XP or Vista desktop/laptop, create a new contact list there, and try syncing again after a hard reset...if you are still having an issue, the culprit is unlikely to be Outlook, though I suspect in this case it is.... good luck...
Cool....I'll try to see if this works...Prob Not till Friday..unfortunately I gotta go to work
Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro(SPRINT)

jetjock_fl is a n00b

I had this happen to me. shut down contacts and reoppend. took a while and alot of attempts but my phone book finally showed up again. WEIRD.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

So...I decided to take my phone back since I was still within my 30 return policy

And guess what happened

The new phone was doing the exact same thing.

So I took the new phone back and they replaced that one.

And guess what happened

That phone was doing the same exact thing. Didnt even make it home this time before it happened

So about 2 hrs and 4 drinks later a light bulb went off in my head. I've gotten 3 new phones but each time they use the same memory card that I got with the 1st phone.

Took the memory card out

And guess what happened

My contacts have not disappeared all day...Wooo Hooo

So here's my N00b question of the day:

How did the memory cause this to happen? Maybe being Corrupt ? I dont know

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro