PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Sync!

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I'm surprised at how good Google Sync is. I no longer have to worry about third-party things like OggSync for Google Calendar integration - now it just works, and it's pushed to the phone in about 5 seconds. My only question is why didn't they add support for push email? I still need ImapPusherService for that. Other than that, it's excellent, check it out at http://www.google.com/mobile/winmo/sync.html .
Old 02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

jamesvreeken is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to jamesvreeken
Re: Google Sync!

use 7 http://preview.seven.com/get/client/dl.do?b=def_seven it pushes email from all main emails and works perfect on the touch pro!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I'm surprised at how good Google Sync is. I no longer have to worry about third-party things like OggSync for Google Calendar integration - now it just works, and it's pushed to the phone in about 5 seconds. My only question is why didn't they add support for push email? I still need ImapPusherService for that. Other than that, it's excellent, check it out at http://www.google.com/mobile/winmo/sync.html .
Completely agree

As for why no gmail push - google wants you to use android for that
Old 02-13-2009, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

jamesvreeken is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to jamesvreeken

7 is freeakin sweet! you should try it to sync your gmail with your touch pro.
it also can sync your contacts and calendar from google...

Here is the .cab for 7 for the touch pro... when you install it, it will freeze... do a soft reset and then set up your info.

works for me!
Attached Files
File Type: cab def_seven-ppcwm6.cab (2.08 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

seven rocks... untill you get hit with the bill for all the international text messages...
Old 02-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

I think there's already a thread on this in the Software forum (just wait for the thread merge ), but remember, Google Sync is just a beta and I would imagine Contacts and Calendar were just the easier of the services to implement quickly. You can bet they're most likely working on Push mail.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post

I wish mine would work...It stops at 100 out of 288. Would be nice if they post some 6.1 instructions...Any suggestions?

Last edited by soggystockings; 02-13-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor

What is ImapPusherService? Is it easy to set up?
Old 02-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

The only problem with seven (besides the international SMS) is that the e-mail doesn't show in the preview envelope on TF3D.

I'm now using Hotmail, it works well for me (I would love GMail in html format via activesync, though).
Old 02-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Too bad it uses ActiveSync. I already have an Exchange server. Would have been nice to have something to sync with Google's services without replacing my Exchange syncing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro