PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acme64 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Point Ui Released!!!!!!!!

I want to test it but i wanna know how do you uninstall it first? just in case.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: Point UI, any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
I played with it for like 10 minutes and I think it needs more US support
Agreed! I just downloaded and I like it. V1 was nice but I think it over simplified the ui this time Home2 seems to give greater level of control but I definitely need some US support (weather and specific cities for world applet), right now I'm using HTC HD TF3D for my home screen and it just provides more of what i want/need. But the program is rather smooth and snappy.

Could do with a better scroll system in all contacts mode and a few other small clean ups but all in all it could be a winner in a few months
Old 02-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

You can add cities and change from C to F for the weather app by editing the cities.xml file. I already added my town, just takes a few minutes.

Needs more stuff on the home screen. The default applets leave a lot to be desired.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I hated the first one. Loved what they were going for, but it was too difficult to get around it to use the actual phone.

This one so far is great. It's got a long way to go, but I'm actually using it in place of TouchFLO3D right now, and I'm not unhappy with it. It's too limited in number of favorite apps or contacts, and it's lacking a few other functions, but it's just so damn snappy, that its speed of accessing programs and contacts and other things nearly makes up for not having quick launch access to them. And if it's as add-on friendly as they seem to be making it out to be, this could be killer.

Looking forward to seeing more of what thye can do with it.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Editing the XML is tricky, if you do it wrong, the app will crash. Also, to get the green dot on the world map, use relative locations of other cities to find find your x and y coordinates.

I.E

If you are in city C and city A is the same distance as city B in the Y direction, then add their Y values and divide by two. Same for the X coordinates.

IDK if that made sense. haha
Old 02-28-2009, 02:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme64 View Post
I want to test it but i wanna know how do you uninstall it first? just in case.
well, its installed as a cab so you should be able to remove it by going to start/settings/system/remove programs just like any other cab.

wonder how much the home 2 pro will cost?
Old 03-06-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acme64 is a n00b

I messed with it, and although its nice. It would take far too much tweaking to get it to work how i want. I'll wait for a more mature version to come out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro