PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
couple of noob questions I cant find the answer to

Ok,

1) I want to use my storage card for all my documents, pictures music etc. Ive found some registry tweaks and other methods...and they only all work kinda half a$$ed. Is there a definitive way to do thos

2) if an item is cooked into a rom...can it be removed if you dont want it (aside from deleting the executable)

3) how do you change shortcuts in the programs group and on the start bar.

i think that should do it.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: couple of noob questions I cant find the answer to

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix View Post
Ok,

1) I want to use my storage card for all my documents, pictures music etc. Ive found some registry tweaks and other methods...and they only all work kinda half a$$ed. Is there a definitive way to do thos

2) if an item is cooked into a rom...can it be removed if you dont want it (aside from deleting the executable)

1) not quite sure what your asking here. can you elaborate? i use my SC for music and .cab files of programs i like. when i find a cab i usually email it to my self. i have my Pro set up to my gmail account (imap) and just download it to my phone. there is a pull down menu that asks main memory or SC. i pick SC and then pick the folder i want it to go to. for music, i just attach my phone to my laptop and transfer the files over to the folder i want in my card.

2)no. this is why i like clean roms. if a program is updated my the programmer, just uninstall the old and install the new. i believe that there are items that work better as oem's though. the only one i know of is the 2d drivers out there. they need to be cooked in. i use Sashimi to load up all my cabs after a new flash.

3) don't know. never really got into shortcuts. i'm sure someone will come along shortly and fight my ignorance also.

hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix View Post
Ok,

To change the shortcuts in the programs group navigat on your device Start Menu/File Explorer/My Device/Windows/Start Menu thats where you can delete or alter shortcuts in Programs.

To change the shortcuts in the Start Menu navigate on your Device Start Menu/settings and then click on the Menu Icon. There you can change which Shortcuts show up in the Start Menu. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express
Threadstarter

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
1) not quite sure what your asking here. can you elaborate? i use my SC for music and .cab files of programs i like. when i find a cab i usually email it to my self. i have my Pro set up to my gmail account (imap) and just download it to my phone. there is a pull down menu that asks main memory or SC. i pick SC and then pick the folder i want it to go to. for music, i just attach my phone to my laptop and transfer the files over to the folder i want in my card.

hope this helps
I want all my documents, and everything to run off of a my docs folder on the card, in windows xp you just right click and point the folder to where ever you want it to go...well in wm its different

for example. if i open up pictures or music in an album view it should automattically goto storage card\my documents\my music or \my pictures respectivly.

right now it points to device\my documents\ yada yada yada.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro