PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robbie2883 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cox outgoing email SOLVED!

Ok, if this has been posted i just couldn't find it. this is my first post and i apologize if this has been covered. just trying to help. I spent hours today trying to find a solution. as a lot of you might already know cox blocks outgoing email through their server unless it is sent on their network. this is to help prevent spam.

this is fix is for anyone who can recieve email on their phone with their cox email but cannot send.

first thing to do is to go into your account setup on the phone.
go through and enter all your login info. setup the incoming settings as pop.xxxx.cox.net, where as xxxx = east, west or central depending on your location. next when you get to the outgoing mail setting you need to check both boxes, "outgoing server requires authentication" and "use same settings for sending e-mail" then in the outgoing server field you want to enter this EXACTLY, smtp.xxxx.cox.net:465 again...xxxx is replaced by east, west or central depending on location. now at the bottom of the screen click on advanced setting and check the box for "require SSL for outgoing e-mail" ONLY this box. leave the incoming email box unchecked. make sure the network connection type is "The Interenet" hit done and go through the rest of the last couple setup option and you're done. you should be able to both send AND receive email through your phone for your cox account. hope this helps someone.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprizzzzint

nesta17 is just getting started
Re: Cox outgoing email SOLVED!

Thanks so much for posting this. I really appreciate it. Finally!! BTW where did you find this info?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for this info! I'm gonna give this a try in a few and report back!

UPDATE: Works great!

Last edited by kyle4269; 02-12-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesta17 View Post
Thanks so much for posting this. I really appreciate it. Finally!! BTW where did you find this info?

i dug and dug and dug! LOL i honestly believe that you can find just about ANY info you ever want if you just have the patience to keep digging! LOL
Old 02-14-2009, 11:27 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Thanks for the post. I don't normally add my Cox accounts on my TP, but there is that rare occasion I need to add it on the fly to check mail and respond to E-Mails...and I can't stand using their Webmail.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

what is COX anyways??? why use something so off the wall??

just wondering is all
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-14-2009, 11:40 AM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
what is COX anyways??? why use something so off the wall??

just wondering is all
It's our ISP. http://www.cox.com/
Old 02-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

oh ok.. u guys couldve just forwarded to another email to save urself the headache, couldnt ya?? anywho, glad to see u guys found ur solution
Old 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM
The GrooGrux King

Yes, but having it go directly to the phone is better...better control of checking the mail, deleting from server, keeping from server, etc.

We were in the same boat as other folks that connect their ISP's mail account to their TP since Sprint discontinued their mail servers.

Also, this is better since it is now going directly through the ISP servers and you won't have the recipient of one of the sent E-Mails possibility seeing "sent on behalf of" since you're relaying through another server.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

^^^ what he said