PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Connect with Facebook

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Ender519's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Reputation: 125
Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

Tried looking EVERYWHERE for the answer to this.. so here goes. I just tried the MightyROM and I love it.. except the ROM does not contain VZ Navigator. I had paid for access to this.. yeah I know "It sucks" but my company reimburses me for it anyway. Problem is, I can't download the !@#%(# program ANYWHERE.. VZW support says it's preloaded on the ROM and I've spent 2 hours searching high and low for the freaking cab file. I know what it's called, but can't find it linked anywhere! All the instructions for getting VZ Navigator reference the "VZ Start" page but there is no such link.

verizon-xv6850-4.1.5.60-PROD-LPS_signed2.cab

If anyone who has this loaded on their phone would be kind enough to link it for me I'd be eternally grateful.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
demolasko's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F
Location: c-bus
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 385
Reputation: 220
demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

not sure if this is what your looking for but: http://vznavigator.vzw.com/app.html
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Ender519's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Reputation: 125
Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

I appreciate the link but unfortunately it doesnt' solve the problem. If you click on the "Windows Mobile" section it only says to go to the "VZStart" page and download the software, only there seems to be different VZStart pages and none of them have any reference to VZ Navigator whatsoever. Ugh... I tried support again and just asked them for the link to the cab file and they couldn't give it to me.. so I don't know what gives.. I
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
demolasko's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F
Location: c-bus
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 385
Reputation: 220
demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

im sure its posted some where // if not someone will need to extract the cab from a ROM // i look for you for the hext hour while im at work and post if i find it.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:42 PM
scrosler's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Fargo ND
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,114
Reputation: 20870
scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender519 View Post
Tried looking EVERYWHERE for the answer to this.. so here goes. I just tried the MightyROM and I love it.. except the ROM does not contain VZ Navigator. I had paid for access to this.. yeah I know "It sucks" but my company reimburses me for it anyway. Problem is, I can't download the !@#%(# program ANYWHERE.. VZW support says it's preloaded on the ROM and I've spent 2 hours searching high and low for the freaking cab file. I know what it's called, but can't find it linked anywhere! All the instructions for getting VZ Navigator reference the "VZ Start" page but there is no such link.

verizon-xv6850-4.1.5.60-PROD-LPS_signed2.cab

If anyone who has this loaded on their phone would be kind enough to link it for me I'd be eternally grateful.

Here ya go. I am interested if this works or not on the ROM so please do tell.
__________________


Donations always accepted but never expected!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
scrosler's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Fargo ND
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,114
Reputation: 20870
scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolasko View Post
im sure its posted some where // if not someone will need to extract the cab from a ROM // i look for you for the hext hour while im at work and post if i find it.
Just so you know the CAB is not in the ROM. Its just a download link to the files on the VZW server. The URL is like 1,000 characters long.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Ender519's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Reputation: 125
Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

Thanks for the file, unfortunately I'm back to square one.. I keep getting an error "The file 'VZ Navigator' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

I have tried a few times to uninstall and install.. so either I'm missing a prerequisite (VZNav needs something that is not in the CAB) or the ROM simply breaks VZNav.. what a frustrating endeavor.. anyone have any ideas? Guess I'll post this in the MightyROM thread too...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
demolasko's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F
Location: c-bus
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 385
Reputation: 220
demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

not sure if it will work or not but do you have this installed this file as i reads custom certifications/signatures

usually used for custom taskbar icons but it may work.

also there is a couple threads on getting GPS working on the VWZ tp.


try using google maps google.com/gmm
Attached Files
File Type: cab sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 PM
scrosler's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Fargo ND
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,114
Reputation: 20870
scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender519 View Post
Thanks for the file, unfortunately I'm back to square one.. I keep getting an error "The file 'VZ Navigator' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

I have tried a few times to uninstall and install.. so either I'm missing a prerequisite (VZNav needs something that is not in the CAB) or the ROM simply breaks VZNav.. what a frustrating endeavor.. anyone have any ideas? Guess I'll post this in the MightyROM thread too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by demolasko View Post
not sure if it will work or not but do you have this installed this file as i reads custom certifications/signatures

usually used for custom taskbar icons but it may work.

also there is a couple threads on getting GPS working on the VWZ tp.


try using google maps google.com/gmm
Wont work. Sorry.

My ROM is the ONLY ROM that supports VZN. I even dropped support for it because having better GPS drivers for unlocked GPS phones is much more important to me than VZNav.

However my 1.2 version which is hailed by VZW users is still on my site. You can give that a try. It does support VZNavigator. Very fast but not quite as quick as my 1.5 ROM (which Doesnt have support).

If the SD Certs things work please let me know. IF they do work here is what will happen....

You will get in, start the app and it will tell you it cannot communicate with GPS. Thats my guess...... Let us know please!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Ender519's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Reputation: 125
Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone got the VZ Navigator CAB file???

Ahh.. I think I saw that ROM... question for you though, since clearly VZNav is not supported by these ROM's, what is being used in lieu of it? Do any of the "free" map applications (google maps and such) have turn by turn directions and such?

It's not that I'm in love with VZNav or anything, but it was nice in that it had turn by turn and traffic avoidance... what is the intended app for the 1.5 ROM?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com