PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

HTC > Iphony is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation ! ATT FUZE GPS Issues !

Is anyone having issues getting the GPS to work with google maps on their HTC Fuze? I've read a lot of forums and tried just about everything to get it working and it still is not able to lock onto any satelites. Any info or guides to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

-T
Old 03-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro or 8650

hitek22 is a n00b
Re: ! ATT FUZE GPS Issues !

bump for a potential fix for this....

Mine is off by 1500-1900 METERS........that is a big difference

when i had the sprint Touch Pro, it was pretty accurate...and only off by about 200 meters...which is NORMAL....
Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor

I posted about this a week or two ago. I wasnt able to get an answer. Mine still doesnt work although a lot of people seem to have it working.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

AboveTheBULL is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
I posted about this a week or two ago. I wasnt able to get an answer. Mine still doesnt work although a lot of people seem to have it working.
I'd had great success with my Fuze's GPS until a week ago when it just quit for no apparent reason. Soft resets, regedits, etc did little good -- it would find satellites sometimes and then immediately drop them. Other times, it would never find anything to begin with. A quick search of new threads over at XDA showed it to be radio related and supposedly fixed with the new AT&T test ROM....

Sorry I couldn't help you more before, xgm541... but now I see what you meant in your other thread. I guess short of trying the test/custom ROMs out there, we'll just have to wait for the new ROM....
Old 04-18-2009, 04:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

AboveTheBULL is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheBULL View Post
I'd had great success with my Fuze's GPS until a week ago when it just quit for no apparent reason. Soft resets, regedits, etc did little good -- it would find satellites sometimes and then immediately drop them. Other times, it would never find anything to begin with. A quick search of new threads over at XDA showed it to be radio related and supposedly fixed with the new AT&T test ROM....

Sorry I couldn't help you more before, xgm541... but now I see what you meant in your other thread. I guess short of trying the test/custom ROMs out there, we'll just have to wait for the new ROM....
I hope this isn't too a case of "too little, too late," but I do have an update for my fellow AT&T Fuze owners. I found that if I leave the registry alone (as in, don't make any GPS changes therein) and just disable aGPS on my Fuze through the control panel (Settings --> System --> aGPS Settings), the previous issues are largely resolved. It takes 30-60 seconds to achieve an initial lock with a clear sky, but then it picks up within 10 seconds each time thereafter. Tracking/accuracy is consistently as good as all three of my Sprint TPs... and signal drops are no longer a problem. Definitely worth a look until the new ROM is out....

Oh, and sorry for the delay in posting -- but school has been kicking my @$$!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro