PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: My Touch Pro made me 30 mins late to work this morning!!

this is basically the same issue as the keyboard... as in its not rare...

same shits happening to me now... with my 5th one... i dealt without a keyboard for 2 months but a phone that randomly shuts off... no thx...

in order to get it to turn back on, try what you said (dont need a hard reset) and/or take out the battery for 30sec, put it back in, plug the charger in, hit the reset+power button... this has never failed me to turn it back on... POS phone
Old 11-29-2009, 07:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a Sprint Touch Pro- flashed to metro...I use it religiously as my alarm clock for work. I remember using the default alarm at first...it sucked. Sometimes i couldn't hear it. So, I switched to pTravelAlarm. The best alarm I ever used. I have many profiles set up for different occasions and it is yet to let me down. I have been using it for the last 2 years.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Xian is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Xian

Normally I just use the standard Windows alarm, and that's rarely, if ever, given me a problem.

Last night I tried out G-Alarm. Set it for 6am.

At 1:45am I was doing basic math to get it to shut off. *sigh*.

The 6am G-Alarm never went. But I may have actually closed it out last night.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Give pTravelAlarma a try. It is dummy proof -no offense to anyone. First, the alarm takes the whole screen so you can set as an alarm desktop if you choose to. You can adjust the back colors- easy for the eyes. It has two thumb ready buttons to let you Set Alarms and Set Snooze. Set Alarms lets you set up to 10 alarms, name them, select the days, time, select sound- including your mp3 music, set volume and it lets you test the loudness of you sound without ever leaving the app. And if you choose, you can select the plug in to display on your today page and display when is you next alarm coming up. Too easy. When your alarm goes off at 6 am (mine), pTA awakes you ppc and gives you the option to turn off or snooze- and these options are thumb big options so you won't accident press the wrong one. And yes, you can set your snooze to your liking from you Set Snooze button...for example, I have mine set at 25 min. So, when my 6 am alarm rings, I hit snooze and it goes off at 6:25am. Now here is another fail proof setting; you can choose how long you want your alarm to sound off for...from 1 min to 30 min...so if you are heavy sleeper you would want it to sound for more than 2min...I have mine set for 5 min...I hear it eventually after going off for more than 2 min....What also like about this great app, it will bypass any locking screen app that you may have. I have S2U2 installed on mine- can even bypass password setting.

Works flawlessly on my HTC Touch Pro and also worked on my previous HTC Mogul
http://www.burroak.ca/pta.html

So no more excuses why you went late to school or work.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:17 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo1 View Post
Give pTravelAlarma a try. It is dummy proof -no offense to anyone. First, the alarm takes the whole screen so you can set as an alarm desktop if you choose to. You can adjust the back colors- easy for the eyes. It has two thumb ready buttons to let you Set Alarms and Set Snooze. Set Alarms lets you set up to 10 alarms, name them, select the days, time, select sound- including your mp3 music, set volume and it lets you test the loudness of you sound without ever leaving the app. And if you choose, you can select the plug in to display on your today page and display when is you next alarm coming up. Too easy. When your alarm goes off at 6 am (mine), pTA awakes you ppc and gives you the option to turn off or snooze- and these options are thumb big options so you won't accident press the wrong one. And yes, you can set your snooze to your liking from you Set Snooze button...for example, I have mine set at 25 min. So, when my 6 am alarm rings, I hit snooze and it goes off at 6:25am. Now here is another fail proof setting; you can choose how long you want your alarm to sound off for...from 1 min to 30 min...so if you are heavy sleeper you would want it to sound for more than 2min...I have mine set for 5 min...I hear it eventually after going off for more than 2 min....What also like about this great app, it will bypass any locking screen app that you may have. I have S2U2 installed on mine- can even bypass password setting.

Works flawlessly on my HTC Touch Pro and also worked on my previous HTC Mogul
http://www.burroak.ca/pta.html

So no more excuses why you went late to school or work.
No excuses? Except you totally missed the point of the original post saying his phone had locked up and shut off. No alarm program is going to run on a powered off phone.

At least those bugs with the TP locking up overnight seem to have vanished, they went away last November... but mine does all sorts of random crap now, I want to get rid of this thing so bad.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

@SD,
If you continue reading posts after his...some of the topic shifted over to about app alarms...that is where I decided to post my own opinion. So no point was missed.

And I am not saying the TP doesn't have bugs either. I experienced KB issues once. Besides some of the time, apps and registry hacks can cause bugs and issues...cause if that wasn't true then a hard reset wouldn't fix it. Also, I can't stress it enough to back up your data so if you do get issues, hard reset and restore.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro