PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nuzzle is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how do i get the camera flash to work?

I get great shots as well... I can see someone with Parkkinsons disease having a problem taking a non blurry picture with all that hand shaking...
The video however is balls. hate to say it, but my Sanyo M1's camera was fuc*ing amazing! Totally ****s all over the pros. LoL, thats about the only thing the M1 has on the pro.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Unhappy Re: how do i get the camera flash to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
I get great shots as well... I can see someone with Parkkinsons disease having a problem taking a non blurry picture with all that hand shaking...
The video however is balls. hate to say it, but my Sanyo M1's camera was fuc*ing amazing! Totally ****s all over the pros. LoL, thats about the only thing the M1 has on the pro.
I can't really comment on the Video of the phone BC I don't really take any
Old 02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
I can't really comment on the Video of the phone BC I don't really take any
i can confirm that the video stinks. any movement and you feel like you're watching a martian channel.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
My only comment is, if you guys think these are good quality pics then you must not be real particular about your photo quality.......(any $49 digital camera takes better pics than the flat lifeless pics this thing takes)

No, I haven't forgotten it's a phone first but between the ridiculously low shutter speed & 30 second AF shutter lag you're lucky if 1 pic out of 20 is what I personally would call good quality (even for a camera phone).....

As far as the video, a $19 flip phone blows this POS away in that category.

~John
Old 02-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Understandable...Peoples tastes are different. I feel like the settings I have for my camera are good and don't have that bad of lag. Now, right out of the box(it should work great!) but it didn't.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i dunno.. i'm a professional photographer, and i use my phone for a lot of things, one of which is photo editing. the pictures taken from this camera are so poor, i wouldn't ever be able to use them for anything serious. its not just the color quality, that can be tweaked somewhat, but its the actual lag in the lens...and it seems to take very low iso pictures, at very slow shutter speeds, even in moderate light conditions where it really shouldn't be necessary. the fstop on the lens is fairly wide for its size, and it should be able to take pictures at higher shutter speeds. i know this because its depth of field is very little if focued properly, which means that the lens is actually fairly open.

has anyone tried the reg edit to allow the camera to utilize more ram? i changed it from 4 to 8mb, and the video quality is somewhat better. there's something in the registry tweaks area of this forum, if anyone wants to go look.

the flash though, is retarded.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

I don't really understand this thread..

You guys complain that your phone isn't taking good pictures, and compare it to a digital camera.

That is like saying, my computer can't make soup. Sure, it gives off heat but that's not what it's there for. A stove works a lot better...

Exactly, because that is its intended function! The manufacturers strap this garbage on to please consumers, not to change the function of the phone.

:facepalm:

Last edited by kayfouroh; 02-12-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: fixed analogy.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The annoying thing to me is, my wife has a Samsung flip phone that is at least two years old & cost $19 when it was new.

That phone takes pretty decent pics (basically the same as the TP) & does it with almost no AF lag at all.

I am also a pro photographer (I shoot with a Canon EOS 1D Mark II), but there is no way I am going to carry that beast of a camera around with me most days. I would love to be able to count on the TP to take snapshots at parties etc since I always have it with me, but unfortunately it is almost totally useless for this (unless the party happens to be out in the direct mid-day sun).

My Wife's old flip phone works great for this kind of stuff however........

~John
Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

Get a point&shoot camera.

I don't carry around my DSLR but if I know I'll need some quick shots I'll bring my crappy little Samsung S730
Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Get a point&shoot camera.

I don't carry around my DSLR but if I know I'll need some quick shots I'll bring my crappy little Samsung S730
I have a Canon SD100 IS which is tiny, takes awesome pics & has virtually no AF shutter lag.

That's not the point however, I really don't want to be forced to carry yet another electronic gadget around with me.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro