PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mapping the passcode lock screen to a button

I tried to search but came up with nothing. Is there a way to map the passcode lock screen to a button. Not the regular device lock, but make it so i can press a button and it locks the device to where you have to put the passcode in.

I'd like to have the option to lock it quickly whenever I want instead of waiting for the phone to timeout, or going all the way into settings
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Mapping the passcode lock screen to a button

Nothing on this???
Old 02-05-2009, 06:49 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
Nothing on this???
I'll do a little more research on this for you but for the time being, you can set the timeout to 0 and that way you can just press the power/standby button and have it lock instantly.

dwizzy130

Old 02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Go to setting > system > long press end key and you can assign a few options to the key with locking being one of them.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:05 PM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
Go to setting > system > long press end key and you can assign a few options to the key with locking being one of them.
That is the screen lock. The op wants the passcode lock.

dwizzy130
Old 02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
That is the screen lock. The op wants the passcode lock.

dwizzy130
This might work:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=305402
Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
I just dl'd that and tried it on the emulator and once again, that is a screen lock pp. The OP wants the passcode lock.

dwizzy130
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
I'll do a little more research on this for you but for the time being, you can set the timeout to 0 and that way you can just press the power/standby button and have it lock instantly.

dwizzy130
I tired that but as soon as i don't use my phone for a minute and the screen times out, it locks. Like I'll be reading an email and it will lock without even turning the screen off. Thanks anyway.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:45 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
I tired that but as soon as i don't use my phone for a minute and the screen times out, it locks. Like I'll be reading an email and it will lock without even turning the screen off. Thanks anyway.
I guess the only other thing you could try is change screen timeout time to like 2 minutes or longer...

dwizzy130
Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can use Gyrator 2 and assign the device lock to an orientation or stylus event. For instance you can set the phone to lock when the phone is turned face down. Of you could set the device lock when the phone is turned upside down.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro