PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Juicy 4.7 & Update Profile

********i know that it was taken down. i know that Juicy is not supporting it. i still love this rom and what it does.***********

when i first loaded this thing up i had no problem with it. i could make phone calls, send texts, connect to the net, etc. then yesterday morning i couldn't get it to make a data connection for some reason (i'm on sprint and usually use WMWifiRouter .91). voice was fine. it was my only web connection at the time, so i had to resort to calling tec support. they tried all sorts of things using the ## codes, but it looks like the only thing that would fix the data connection was "Update Profile" that, on the stock rom, was located under Start->Settings->System.

so, has anyone else ran into this problem? i found a post in "Touch Pro Essentials" that mentioned changing a setting to one from 0 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=42). i tried that with tec support and it didn't work. i finally reloaded the stock rom and ran the Update Profile and now am up and running again. has Update Profile been made into a .cab? if so, where can i find it?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

delawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardelawaresace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Juicy 4.7 & Update Profile

i found a cab. everything seems to be running fine now.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Update Profile & PRL.cab (543.8 KB, 3082 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 24 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

nctrevor24 is a n00b

dude u saved me here thanks for posting a reply after you found the cab
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i just downloaded this and im using mightyrom. for some reason it wont even establish a connection.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i found another one posted on MightyMike rom. i take no credit for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityhombre View Post
Thanks Mike and Rico for all the hard work. I'll share something I tossed together (if this is a bad spot feel free to move). This is for the Sprint users of this awesome ROM I combined a few things into one to make setup a bit quicker. This will set your SMS to 160 chars, setup Arcsoft MMS, and restore the options to update your PRL and Profile. I did not include Sprint TV, Sprint Nav, or OZIM as I don't use them. I can confirm that this did allow me to update the PRL and Vision profile on both mine and girlfriend's phone (she thanks you rico for the hello kitty pink). The PRL only seemed to work once on each phone. I reverted back to old PRLs and it updated them but I think once the system knows youre up to date it wont send another, as I could not get it to push down the update again. You will have to soft reset after installing as I seem to have problems getting a setup.dll to reboot the device. This was installed after a hard reset and a fresh flash and worked without issue. I don't believe the Arcsoft will work if you have Sprint Picturemail installed. This is a work in progress, I'm going to try to restore all of the (what in consider important) Sprint features back into this killer ROM.

Instructions:
1. Install
2. Reset
3. ???
4. Profit!
Attached Files
File Type: cab SprintHombre.cab (2.14 MB, 180 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

infinityhombre is keeping up the good workinfinityhombre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
i found another one posted on MightyMike rom. i take no credit for this:
Funny you should ask this... I had the same issue that's why I made the cab. All my data settings were lost and the only way I was able to restore was to go back to stock and run the profile update. Mine works I have tested on 2 sprint pros. I can create another without the Arcsoft MMS if you would like.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

yes that will be great!!!
please..
Old 02-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Keep me posted on the cab file without the arcsoft mms

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

infinityhombre is keeping up the good workinfinityhombre is keeping up the good work

Give this one a shot guys.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that you must not be tethered to run the PRL or Profile updates. If you are it will try to use your PC connection and not IOTA to program and fail.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SprintPRLPROFILE.cab (454.9 KB, 363 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by infinityhombre; 02-13-2009 at 04:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
i just downloaded this and im using mightyrom. for some reason it wont even establish a connection.
Dude, in might be your Wifirouter...

I had the same problem, 2 Sunday's ago... Could make phone calls, but could not get to the internet.... I called sprint, and they could not do anything so I soft reset it a couple of times and then disabled wifirouter... (which was version .91 and was so bad off I could not un-install it). Work perfectly.... Note to myself... be careful when installing Wifirouter...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro