PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Lurker

elmorage is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
device lock unlocks with keyboard open

I am sure this has been asked and answered but I couldnt find anything by searching. I have had the touch pro for about a week and I love everything about it except the device lock function. Everytime the keyboard slides open it unlocks the keys which kind of defeats the purpose of the lock in the first place. I know I can use the password instead but it is clunky and ugly so I am looking for a better solution.

I remember reading about a fix for this issue but I do not have the skill or the bravery to download and use a registry editor. Does anyone have a prepackaged fix that handles this? Like the cleanup package in the sticky thread?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elmorage is a n00b
Re: device lock unlocks with keyboard open

was this a terrible question or does nobody know the answer?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:31 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'm confused. Which lock? There is the lock that protects you from pocket dialing, that one should unlock when you slide open the keyboard since that pretty much implies you're interested in using the device. Then there is the security lock that needs a PIN. That one should not unlock on keyboard open.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:04 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

personally I use s2u2 by A_C, but there are other apps out there too.. links in sig
Old 01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

s2u2 and touchlockpro are amazing

Old 01-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elmorage is a n00b

i remember trying slide ot unlock from XDA on my mogul about 1.5 yrs ago... it was very clunky, everytime the phone woke up you would see the today screen, THEN the slide lock program would start, and then you had to unlock it... im assuming it has been improved since then

i am talking about the standard device lock without the password, although intentional opening of the keyboard would indicate wanting to use the phone, sometimes the slider can be nudged open in a pocket when i clearly do not want to unlock the phone
Old 01-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Lurker

S. Abbas Khalil is a n00b
Arrow Re: device lock unlocks with keyboard open

The purpose 4 unlocking phone is to save the power, as it is not much so do it.
secondly, is it is not dificult to unlock special it protecting u not phoning frient without u wish 2 call.

hope it is understood.

regards 4 all

Last edited by S. Abbas Khalil; 01-25-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You should really learn to use a registry editor its easy...Download a registry editor (0ne here) and then do this "You can disable auto-wakeup when keyboard is opened.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\Keybd] Create new dword "SlideWakeup" with value of 0 and soft reset. To revert, delete the key or set it's data to 1. Source Got this all form essentials thread by the way read through it and it will help you a lot. this will make your keyboard not wake up device when opened and so will not unlock it.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elmorage is a n00b

thanks gorilla... is there any thread that details HOW to use a registry editor for a total first timer? i keep reading about how to do specific things but i don't even know what a registry is, let alone how to tweak one
Old 01-26-2009, 12:26 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

hobbs has a thread here with a very good tutorial.

http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ad.php?t=19017

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro