PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Alpine-'s Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 285
Reputation: 135
Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP synching issues...

I just got my TP so I apologize if this has been beat with a dead horse. I didnt see any threads on it specifically.

I synched with my Vista 64 desktop fine. Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista's own version of Active Synch) synched fine. I then attempted to synch with my Laptop which is running WinXp Pro and Active Synch 4.5. It too synched once I cleared out my Mogul partnership.

The problem is now when I try to synch with my Vista desktop using WMDC again it connects, shows its connected (i can browse storage card, etc.) but it will not synch and says "Error Synching" but there is no specifics or an error code or anything. I have rebooted my desktop, and run the WMDC 6.1 installer again but it still wont synch. I dont know what the deal is...

With my Mogul I could synch back and forth just fine between the two.
__________________
Sprint SERO Premium - HTC EVO 4G

Last edited by Alpine-; 01-22-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:27 PM
shaun0207's Avatar
DaGreatOne
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Balitmore, MD
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,983
Reputation: 765
shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: TP synching issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
I just got my TP so I apologize if this has been beat with a dead horse. I didnt see any threads on it specifically.

I synched with my Vista 64 desktop fine. Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista's own version of Active Synch) synched fine. I then attempted to synch with my Laptop which is running WinXp Pro and Active Synch 4.5. It too synched once I cleared out my Mogul partnership.

The problem is now when I try to synch with my Vista desktop using WMDC again it connects, shows its connected (i can browse storage card, etc.) but it will not synch and says "Error Synching" but there is no specifics or an error code or anything. I have rebooted my desktop, and run the WMDC 6.1 installer again but it still wont synch. I dont know what the deal is...
Thats a new one. I use WMDC on my laptop at home and AS on my computer here at work with no problem. Are you snyching your calendar, contacts, etc with both computers?
__________________
Phone History (last 2yrs or less): Sanyo5500>Sanyo8300>SamsungA920>Moto i930>Moto i870>Moto Q>The Mogul & a iC902> Touch Pro & iC902>Touch Pro and a Palm Pre> just a Pre for now>>HTC EVO (white)!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Alpine-'s Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 285
Reputation: 135
Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP synching issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Thats a new one. I use WMDC on my laptop at home and AS on my computer here at work with no problem. Are you snyching your calendar, contacts, etc with both computers?
Yes, I am attempting to synch contacts, calendar, notes, etc. across both. I have also toggled "Enable advanced networking" in USB settings on the phone and it doesn't matter either way. Currently its disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
this mite seem fundamental, but soft reset ya fone. then try MDC again
Tried that, no luck.

Last edited by Alpine-; 01-22-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM
skeegcpp's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,275
Reputation: 1975
skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP synching issues...

this mite seem fundamental, but soft reset ya fone. then try MDC again
__________________
"that skeeg dude with the black girl"
F.I.Y.A.M
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Alpine-'s Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 285
Reputation: 135
Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP synching issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
this mite seem fundamental, but soft reset ya fone. then try MDC again
Tried that, no luck.

**Fixed**: I deleted (ended) partnership with Touch Pro in WMDC on Vista64 Desktop. I then re-added and it synched. This is simple and I should have though of it. Still, I'm not sure it remedies the problem. I suspect the same thing will occur again once I synch with WinXp/Active Synch and then come back to WMDC. I dont know why this would happen. Everything is fully updated on both systems.

Last edited by Alpine-; 01-22-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2009, 04:21 PM
shaun0207's Avatar
DaGreatOne
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Balitmore, MD
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,983
Reputation: 765
shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: TP synching issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Yes, I am attempting to synch contacts, calendar, notes, etc. across both. I have also toggled "Enable advanced networking" in USB settings on the phone and it doesn't matter either way. Currently its disabled.



Tried that, no luck.

I had that issue a couple of times with my Mogul synching across both platforms. THe problem with mine them was , I had info on one computer and had different info on the other. What i had to do was say "Combine items" on calendar and the issue went away.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com