PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IDS error on text message

Can someone check real quick what I am missing so I can look into what edit I did to get this error..

On the text message page, when I have text message (doesn't show if no message)I click the Menu button on bottom right and a popup window comes. with these options:
New
Delete
IDS_MESSAGING_FOR.... its cut of so I'm not sure exactly the last piece..

anyway my question is what should be on that last line?

thanks!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: IDS error on text message

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Can someone check real quick what I am missing so I can look into what edit I did to get this error..

On the text message page, when I have text message (doesn't show if no message)I click the Menu button on bottom right and a popup window comes. with these options:
New
Delete
IDS_MESSAGING_FOR.... its cut of so I'm not sure exactly the last piece..

anyway my question is what should be on that last line?

thanks!
New
Forward
Delete

Did you modify some manila files?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yeah.... looks like its trying to add "forward" but its not there.. I just got to remember what/where I did that.

Thanks for the reply... Now that I know what it is trying to point to I can try to trouble shoot
Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
yeah.... looks like its trying to add "forward" but its not there.. I just got to remember what/where I did that.

Thanks for the reply... Now that I know what it is trying to point to I can try to trouble shoot
No problem. I believe its the 26948339_manila that you are looking for. IIRC, there is something in that file that deals with that menu.

EDIT: Check out this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49749

Specifically, from post #9 on. He had the same issue as you.

Last edited by blazinazn; 01-22-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
No problem. I believe its the 26948339_manila that you are looking for..
That is the file that controls all your manilla tabs. Back it up before you mess with it because if you screw it up it will get you that "tap here to load manila" screen but it will never load.

~John
Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

thank you thank you! You're a lifesave and a timesaver.. that was indeed a recent file I'd edited/copied from someone else. I'll look into it right now. I appreciate you looking into this for me!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
That is the file that controls all your manilla tabs. Back it up before you mess with it because if you screw it up it will get you that "tap here to load manila" screen but it will never load.

~John

Yes, I always keep a backup of the original manila so I'm going to relook at that one.
I had no problems "loading" only the forward thing. I wonder if its because the file I used to overwrite was a Pro file and I put it on the diamond.. I don't recall having forward as an option before... maybe the diamond doesn't have the link...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro