PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900

kilofox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW Touch Pro Moisture Indicator. Why didn't they just stick on the outside? See Pix

The pic below was taken right before the back cover is snapped... which one can see it didnt take much for it to turn red.

I tried to return this phone to Verizon... they said no way. So now I am stuck with it. I have never seen a moisture sticker this close to the outside of a phone... and I have had plenty.

Last edited by kilofox; 01-22-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Touch Pro Moisture Indicator.... Why didn't they just stick on the outside? See P

Well here in South Texas where the humidity is very high from the Gulf, having the sticker outside would be a big NO...NO...lol..., but I know where you are coming from....sorry to hear about your issue.

I just checked mine and it is located just above the battery more or less centered, that might be a default location for "Sprint",

If the default location for "Verizon" is where yours is located....that is not good.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 01-21-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro Moisture Indicator.... Why didn't they just stick on the outside? See P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilofox View Post

The pic below was taken right before the back cover is snapped... which one can see it didnt take much for it to turn red.

I tried to return this phone to Verizon... they said no way. So now I am stuck with it. I have never seen a moisture sticker this close to the outside of a phone... and I have had plenty.
Are these reall "moisture" detectors? I got one spare phone... Let me go try something...

BTW: I always thought that these were just standard "voide" if removed tags?

I dont know but I am going to go take a prefectly good pro and douce it with water.... I need to send it back to VZW anyways....

BTW: With VZW NEVER EVER go to a STORE!!! Just call 800 number and swap that way. Not that I would ever encourage you to try and manipulate the system in any! HINT!

BRB
YEah, IM for real!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:32 PM
N00b

nickf126 is a n00b

You know, this is very interesting. I just checked my Verizon vogue, and I found that this exact sticker is in the same place.

Different phone, but the sticker is right at the bottom, in the middle. And get this, mine is all red like that too, and I have never gotten it wet.

I think that this is a little unfair. Moisture could easily get in there with normal use.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I can't tell from the OP's pics, but are they just the red, criss-crossed lines or has the entire sticker gone red?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post
You know, this is very interesting. I just checked my Verizon vogue, and I found that this exact sticker is in the same place.

Different phone, but the sticker is right at the bottom, in the middle. And get this, mine is all red like that too, and I have never gotten it wet.

I think that this is a little unfair. Moisture could easily get in there with normal use.

Yup! Agreed.

I just tested, and mine turned red. Ok, feel stupid now for not ever beleivng this...

OP, do you have Asurion insurance? Please tell me you didint acuire a near $600 phone without insurance ;c)

And what is wrong with phone?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
I can't tell from the OP's pics, but are they just the red, criss-crossed lines or has the entire sticker gone red?
The rest of the sticker turned red like the lines. The white part tunred red I shoudl say.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/Touch Pro

avgas is keeping up the good workavgas is keeping up the good work

I carefully removed mines and stored it away
Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

That weird... Mine is right near the microSD slot...
Old 01-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work

yeah Sprint's is by the SD slot...god verizon likes to screw its customers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro